|Ambassador-at-large Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation|
|Assumed office |
25 October 2016
|Permanent Delegate of Russia to UNESCO|
29 January 2009 – 19 September 2016
|Preceded by||Vladimir Kalamanov|
|Succeeded by||Alexandre Kouznetsov |
|Director of the Centre of Russia for the Scientific Cooperation and Cultural Department of the Ministry of foreign affairs of the Russian Federation (Roszaroubezhcentre)|
August 2004 – January 2009
|Preceded by||Valentina Tereshkova|
|Succeeded by||Farit Mukhametshin |
|First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation|
May 2003 – August 2004
|Assistant Director-General of UNESCO for the administration|
August 2001 – May 2003
|Preceded by||Yasuo MATSUI (Japon)|
|auditor, Court of Accounts of the Russian Federation|
|Succeeded by||Sergey Shokhin|
|deputy of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, Ie convocation|
|Born||11 June 1953|
|Children||Maria, Andrei, Fiodor|
|Alma mater||Moscow State Institute of|
The Ambassador-at-large of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (since 25 October 2016). Supervises the issues of the world heritage of UNESCO, the support of the Russian language in the world, gender equality.
Former Permanent Delegate of the Russian Federation to UNESCO (2009–2016), Chairman of the Executive Board of UNESCO (2009-2011), Chairperson of UNESCO World Heritage Committee (2011-2012).
A graduate of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations of Russin MFA (MGIMO), specializing in "International Economics" (1975). Fluency in English, Spanish and French.
Doctor of economic sciences. Member (academician) of the International Academy of Management (Moscow). Member of the Board of Directors of the Association of International Law Maritime. Author of several scientific works in the field of transport networks.
Auditor of the Accounting Chamber of the Russian Federation (1995-2001)
The sphere of competence - the auditor on the control of public debt and the banking system. Affected by the State Duma on April 7, 1995, on the proposal of the faction of the Liberal Democratic party of Russia. Released from the post on February 14, 2001 in connection with her appointment as Assistant Director-General of UNESCO for the administration.
The activity on the post of the First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (2003-2004)
In May 2003, President Vladimir Putin has appointed Ms. Mitropfanova by his Decree  to the post of the First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. For the first time in the history of Russian diplomacy, a Deputy Minister became a woman.
Her sphere of competence covered topics of human rights, of the rights of compatriots living abroad and international cultural relations.
After the abolition of the Russian Ministry of Affairs of Federation and Nationalities her mandate included also the activities of the Centre of Russia for the scientific cooperation and cultural department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Roszaroubezhcentre).
The Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary (February 9, 2010)
Married, mother of three children.
Brother - Alexei V. Mitrofanov Russian politician, former MP.
- The only one among Russian women auditor of the Accounting Chamber of the Russian Federation.
- The first woman on the post of First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
- The first woman in the Russian Federation become Deleguée permanent to an international organization of the United Nations (UNESCO).
- The first among her countrymen Chairman of the Executive Board of UNESCO, Assistant Director-General of UNESCO.
- The first Chairperson of UNESCO World Heritage Committee from Russia (the USSR).
- One of the two women Ambassador-at-large of the MFA of Russia (2017)
- The medal of the order "For merits before Fatherland" II degree (2008)
- The order of Friendship (2003)
- Winner of National Award of Public Recognition of the Achievements of Women "Olympia" by the Russian Academy of Business and Eenterprise (2003)
- The order of "Douslyk" (Tatarstan, 2017)
- S.E. M. Alexander KUZNETSOV Ambassadeur, Délégué permanent de la Délégation de Russie auprès de l’UNESCO
- Farit Mukhametshin on ru.wikipedia.org
- Митрофанова, Элеонора Валентиновна. ru.wikipedia.org
- the President has appointed by his Decree Eleanora Mitrofanova as the First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs. Website of the President of Russia