Xiangshan Station (Taipei Metro)
|Location||Xinyi Rd., Sec. 5
|Passengers||19,966 daily (2016)
(Ranked 75th of 109)
The two-level, underground station with an island platform. It is located beneath Xinyi Rd., Sec. 5 east of Songren Rd. and near the north end of Zhongqiang Park and the Xinyi Expressway. It is the planned eastern terminus of the Xinyi Line when it initially opens for service. The Xinyi Eastern Extension, when completed, will extend eastward from this station.
- July 2005: Construction on the station began.
- November 2013: The station was opened.
The station is 220 m (720 ft) long and 22 m (72 ft) wide. Excavation depth is at 22 m (72 ft). It has three entrances, two elevators for the disabled, and two vent shafts.
Due to space limitations caused by the Xinyi Expressway, a vehicle overpass, and Taiwan Power Company culverts, the station was constructed using the pipe jacking method instead of the usual cut-and-cover method.
The design theme for the station is "Song of tree frogs - presentation of geographical features dialoguing with nature". Due to the station's proximity to Elephant Mountain Civil Forest Park, it is close to the protected habitat of Taipei tree frogs. Artwork presents natural features and various poses of tree frogs.
|B1||Concourse||Lobby, information desk, automatic ticketing dispensing machines, one-way faregates
Restrooms (Inside fare zone, outside fare zone near Exit 1)
|B2||Platform 1||← Tamsui–Xinyi Line toward Tamsui (Taipei 101/World Trade Center)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left/ right|
|Platform 2||← Tamsui–Xinyi Line toward Tamsui (Taipei 101/World Trade Center)|
Around the station
- Elephant Mountain
- Vieshow Cinemas
- Xinyi District Administrative Center
- Taipei World Trade Center Hall 2
- Zhongqiang Park
- Xinyi High Speed Tunnel
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xiangshan Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Second Stage of Taipei MRT (Approved MRT Lines)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems, TCG. 2010-03-12. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- "捷運系統信義線簡介" (PDF). Department of Rapid Transit Systems, Taipei City Government. 2007-12-01. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- "Pipe Jacking Method Used on Construction of Xinyi Line's Elephant Mountain Station". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|