From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Specialty||Infectious disease, general surgery|
Elephantiasis is a symptom of a variety of diseases, where parts of a person's body swell to massive proportions.
Some conditions that have this symptom include:
- Elephantiasis nostras, due to longstanding chronic lymphangitis
- Elephantiasis tropica or lymphatic filariasis, caused by a number of parasitic worms, particularly Wuchereria bancrofti
- Nonfilarial elephantiasis or podoconiosis, an immune disease affecting the lymph vessels
- Elephantiasis, Grade 4 lymphedema
- Genital elephantiasis, end result of lymphogranuloma venereum
- Proteus syndrome, the genetic disorder of the so-called Elephant Man
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.