(Cochran and Goin, 1970)
Eleutherodactylus surdus cabrerai ssp. cabrerai Cochran and Goin, 1970
Pristimantis cabrerai is a species of frog in the family Craugastoridae. It is endemic to Colombia and is known from the Cordillera Occidental in Antioquia and Caldas Departments. Although common name Valle robber frog has been suggested for it, the specimen from Valle del Cauca is no longer assigned to this species.
The species was described based on a series of seven specimens from Antioquia. The holotype is an adult female measuring 37 mm (1.5 in) in snout–vent length (sizes of other specimens were not specified). The canthus rostralis is rounded but distinct. The eye is relatively large and prominent. The ear is complete but concealed, with only a depression where tympanum would normally be located. Fingers and toes are fairly long; the toes have traces of webbing. Skin of the upper parts is pustular.
Habitat and conservation
The species' natural habitats are secondary montane and mature forests at elevations of 1,140–2,450 m (3,740–8,040 ft) above sea level. It occurs among fallen leaves and in branches and leaves of low herbaceous vegetation. It is an uncommon species threatened by habitat loss.
- Castro, F.; Herrera, M.I.; Lynch, J. (2004). "Pristimantis cabrerai". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN. 2004: e.T56483A11472102. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- Cochran, Doris M.; Goin, Coleman J. (1970). "Frogs of Colombia". Bulletin of the United States National Museum. 288: 1–678. [pp. 399–401]
- Frost, Darrel R. (2017). "Pristimantis cabrerai (Cochran and Goin, 1970)". Amphibian Species of the World: an Online Reference. Version 6.0. American Museum of Natural History. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- Acosta Galvis, A. R.; D. Cuentas (2017). "Pristimantis cabrerai (Cochran & Goin, 1970)". Lista de los Anfibios de Colombia V.07.2017.0. www.batrachia.com. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- Beolens, Bo; Watkins, Michael; Grayson, Michael (2013). The Eponym Dictionary of Amphibians. Pelagic Publishing. p. 36. ISBN 978-1-907807-42-8.
- Lynch, John D. (1979). "The identity of Eleutherodactylus vertebralis (Boulenger) with the description of a new species from Colombia and Ecuador (Amphibia: Leptodactylidae)". Journal of Herpetology. 13 (4): 411–418. doi:10.2307/1563475. JSTOR 1563475.