From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up elevation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Elevation is the height of a geographic location above mean sea level.
Elevation may also refer to:
Math and science
- Elevation, the lifting effect of the sound source in the center between stereo loudspeakers
- Elevation (ballistics), the angle between the horizontal plane and the direction of the barrel of a gun, mortar or heavy artillery
- Elevation (astronomy), one of the angular coordinates of the horizontal coordinate system used in satellite communication and astronomy
- Elevation (view), an orthographic view, commonly used in architectural drawing to represent a building facade
- Elevation (kinesiology), an anatomical term of motion
- Elevation (psychology), an emotion
- Elevation (linguistics), a type of semantic change
- "Elevation", a song by the American band Television from the album Marquee Moon
- Elevation (song), U2's 2001 single from the album All That You Can't Leave Behind
- "Elevation", a song by Zion I from Mind Over Matter
- "Elevation", a Dutch trance song composed by Jack Molenschot
- Elevation (Yonder Mountain String Band album)
- Elevation (Anggun album)
- Elevation (Pharoah Sanders album)
- Elevation (Lawson Rollins album)
- Elevation (liturgy), the lifting of consecrated bread and wine in Mass
- Elevation, a term synonymous for vertical privilege escalation, which, in computing, provides a mean of accessing information or performing actions reserved for a system administrator
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Elevation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.