Eleven Madison Park
|Eleven Madison Park|
Logo on window
|Current owner(s)||Will Guidara and Daniel Humm|
|Head chef||Daniel Humm|
|Food type||Contemporary American|
|Rating||Voted Best Restaurant in the World 2017, The World's 50 Best Restaurants; Michelin Guide, 2018|
|Street address||11 Madison Avenue|
|City||New York City (Flatiron District, Manhattan)|
Eleven Madison Park is an American restaurant located at 11 Madison Avenue, at East 24th Street, in the Flatiron District of Manhattan, New York City. It ranked third among The World's 50 Best Restaurants in 2016, and topped the list in 2017.
The restaurant, designed by Bentel & Bentel, is located in the landmark Art Deco Metropolitan Life North Building, facing Madison Square. The restaurant originally opened in 1998 and was owned by restaurateur Danny Meyer. In 2006, Chef Daniel Humm and Will Guidara began working at Eleven Madison Park and in 2011 they purchased it from Meyer. Humm and Guidara also own and operate the NoMad restaurant in the NoMad Hotel, opened in 2012, and Made Nice, a counter-service restaurant in Manhattan. Their restaurants are under the Make It Nice group.
In 2017, Eleven Madison Park closed for renovation between June 9 and October 11, mainly to revamp the kitchen which had not been updated in nearly 20 years.
The restaurant offers guests one multi-course tasting menu inspired by the agricultural bounty of New York and its culinary traditions. This concept has come under occasional criticism. In 2015, Tanya Gold wrote of the menu, "It is not, to me, food, because it owes more to obsession than to love. It is not, psychologically, nourishing. It is weaponized food, food tortured and contorted beyond what is reasonable; food taken to its illogical conclusion; food not to feed yourself but to thwart other people."
The Eleven Madison Park Cookbook was published in 2011; Humm and Guidara have released additional cookbooks including: I Love New York: Ingredients and Recipes, The NoMad Cookbook, and Eleven Madison Park: The Next Chapter.
- La Liste, the list of the 1,000 best restaurants in the world according to France’s Foreign Ministry, ranked Eleven Madison Park 4th in the United States and 241st overall worldwide in its inaugural edition of December 2015.
- Relais & Châteaux – Eleven Madison Park designated as Grand Chef, 2008
- The New York Times – Four Stars, 2015  and 2009 
- James Beard Foundation Award – Outstanding Service, 2016; Outstanding Chef, Daniel Humm, 2012; Outstanding Pastry Chef, Angela Pinkerton, 2011; Outstanding Restaurant, 2011; and Best Chef: New York City, Daniel Humm, 2010
- S. Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants – Ranked #50 in 2010, #24 in 2011, #10 in 2012, #5 in 2013, #4 in 2014, #5 in 2015, #3 in 2016 and #1 in 2017.
- Grand Table du Monde – 2014
- Wine Spectator Grand Award – 2011–2016
- Forbes Travel Guide – Five Stars, 2010–2014
- Michelin Guide – Three Stars, 2012–2018
- Zagat – Rating of 28 in food, decor, and service in 2014. This makes it the top-ranked restaurant for in the Flatiron District and one of the best restaurants in New York City.
- Bruni, Frank (August 11, 2009). "Eleven Madison Park Makes a Daring Rise to the To". The New York Times. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "The World's 50 Best Restaurants".
- "New York City's Michelin Stars Announced for 2018". NY Eater. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- theworlds50best.com Eleven Madison Park
- "These Are the World's 50 Best Restaurants". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- Collins, Glenn (October 4, 2011). "Meyer Intends to Sell Eleven Madison Park to Its Chef and Manager". The New York Times.
- Eleven Madison Park Restaurant in the Make It Nice group http://makeitnicenyc.com/
- Eleven Madison Park renovations
- Eleven Madison Park Restaurant. "Eleven Madison Park Restaurant".
- Gold, Tanya (September 2015). "A Goose in a Dress". Harper's Magazine. ISSN 0017-789X. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- Eleven Madison Park Cookbook
- I Love New York: Ingredients and Recipes
- The NoMad Cookbook
- Eleven Madison Park: The Next Chapter
- La Liste, Eleven Madison Park Archived March 6, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- "Eleven Madison Park". Relais & Châteaux.
- The New York Times Review 2015/03/18
- nytimes.com Dining review
- "The James Beard Awards".
- "World's 50 best restaurants 2010: the full list". the Guardian.
- "San Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants 2011". Eater.
- "Grandes Tables du Monde – Eleven Madison Park, United States, New York". Archived from the original on December 30, 2014. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "Eleven Madison Park – 2014 Restaurant Award Winner – Dining & Travel – Wine Spectator".
- "Forbes Travel Guide Star Rated Hotels, Restaurants & Spas". Forbes Travel Guide.
- "MICHELIN Guide New York City 2018 Selection".
- "Eleven Madison Park".