Eli Broad College of Business
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||East Lansing, Michigan, USA|
|Mission||"To create and disseminate knowledge through collaborative relationships."|
The Eli Broad College of Business is the business college at Michigan State University. The college has programs in accounting, finance, general management, human resource management, marketing, supply chain management, and hospitality business, which is an independent, industry-specific school within the Broad College (The School of Hospitality Business). This independent, industry-specific school has 578 admitted undergraduate students and 36 graduate students not included in the college's totals.
The college has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1953.
The University of Texas-Dallas's Top 100 Business School Research Rankings lists the Broad College as #30 in North America and #33 worldwide in research contributions to the 24 leading business journals it tracks.
The Eli Broad School of Business is located on the campus of Michigan State University in the Eugene C. Eppley Center and North Business College Complex. Inside the North Business College Complex is the Lear Corporation Career Services Center. The William C. Gast Business Library is across the street in the College of Law building.
The Weekend Master of Business Administration (MBA) program and executive development programs are held at the James B. Henry Center for Executive Development in Lansing, Michigan, and the Management Education Center in Troy, Michigan.
|Business school rankings|
|U.S. News & World Report||35|
|U.S. News & World Report||21|
Broad offers undergraduate degrees in accounting, finance, general management, hospitality business, human resource management, marketing, and supply chain management. The supply chain management major is currently ranked number one by the U.S. News & World Report. Undergraduate students must apply to the college and be admitted as juniors.
Undergraduate specializations include entrepreneurship, environmental studies, hospitality business real estate & development, information technology, sales communication, and sustainability. There is also a minor available in international business.
Undergraduate programs were ranked 42nd in the country by Businessweek in 2014 and 21st by U.S. News and World Report in their 2015 Best Undergraduate Business Programs rankings, published in 2014.
Online and Hybrid Programs
In 2011, Michigan State University initiated online certificate programs in supply chain management, hospitality management and strategic leadership through the Broad College. In 2012 and 2013, online programs expanded to include eight certificates in supply chain management, four in strategic leadership and two in hospitality management.
Eli Broad College of Business offers online for-credit graduate certificates in human resource management, leadership and strategic management. Additionally, Broad offers an online master of science degree in management, strategy and leadership and an MS in supply chain management. The supply chain degree is in a blended format that includes online and on-campus sessions.
The Broad College has offered MBA programs since 1960.
Its Full-Time MBA program is 21 months in duration and is for those with at least 2 years of work experience. The average admitted student has four years of work experience. The program was ranked 35th in the nation and 14th among public institutions by Businessweek in 2012, 62nd in the world by Financial Times in 2013, and 19th in the nation by Forbes in 2011.
Its Weekend MBA program lasts 19 months and is for working professionals with significant experience. Classes are held every other Saturday and one Friday evening per month. This program was ranked 100th in the Financial Times 2011 Global Executive MBA rankings and 35th in the Businessweek 2011 Executive MBA rankings.
Other Master's Degree Programs
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Hospitality Business Management
- Master of Science in Marketing Research
- Master of Science in Management, Strategy and Leadership
- Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
- Michael L. Minor Master of Science in Food Service Business Management
- Information Technology Management
- Strategic Management
- Operations and Sourcing Management
- Organizational Behavior
The Center for Leadership of the Digital Enterprise (CLODE) provides an intellectual infrastructure of research projects, databases and case studies with a keen focus on the strategic needs of an innovative corporation.
The Institute for Entrepreneurship advances and promotes entrepreneurship at Michigan State University and in the state of Michigan through research, education, and outreach. Operating under IE, the Demmer Center for Business Transformation (DCBT) was established through a gift from the Demmer family, to help Michigan companies transform into strategic, lean competitors by providing education, “hands-on” engagement, and thought leadership. Since its establishment in 2008, the Demmer Center has been assisting Michigan manufacturing businesses in transforming and increasing their presence and profitability in domestic as well as global markets.
The Center for Global Sustainability focuses on developing and disseminating knowledge associated with the key sustainability dimensions of economic, environment, ethics, and education.
The International Business Center (IBC) was designated as a Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER), a type of U.S. Department of Education designation as a National Resource Center, in 1990. The center provides education, research, and assistance on issues of importance to international trade and global competitiveness. It is the headquarters of the Academy of International Business and developed the globalEDGE research tool.
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education
- "Current/Past Deans". Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- "Broad College Fast Facts". Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "Broad College Mission Statement". Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- Eli and Edythe Broad Fact Sheet
- "History of the Broad College". Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- "Broad College: AACSB Accreditation". Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- "The UTD Top 100 Business School Research Rankings™". Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- "Global MBA Ranking 2014". Retrieved June 9, 2014.
- "Global MBA Ranking". Financial Times. 2017. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Business School Rankings: Full-Time MBA Programs". Archived from the original on September 16, 2013. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- "Best Business Schools". Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- "Best Business Schools 2016". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2016-11-16.
- "2018 Best Business Schools Rankings". U.S. News & World Report. 2017-03-13.
- "Best Undergraduate Business Schools 2016". Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Best in Undergraduate Business" (PDF). Retrieved September 17, 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "The Complete Ranking: Best Undergraduate Business Schools". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2016. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "2017 Best Undergraduate Business Programs Rankings". U.S. News & World Report. 2016-09-12.
- "Broad College List of Majors". Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- "Supply Chain Management / Logistics Rankings". U.S. News. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- "Admissions: Criteria". Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- "Broad College List of Specializations and Minors". Archived from the original on September 22, 2013. Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- "The Complete Ranking: Best Undergraduate Business Schools 2014". Archived from the original on March 22, 2009. Retrieved June 9, 2014.
- "Broad College Full-Time MBA Admission Criteria". Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- "Global MBA Ranking 2013". Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- Badenhausen, Kurt (March 2, 2011). "The Best Business Schools". Forbes. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- "Broad College Weekend MBA Schedule". Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- "EMBA Rankings 2011". Retrieved September 20, 2013.
- "Top Executive MBA Programs of 2011". Archived from the original on September 21, 2013. Retrieved September 20, 2013.
- "About: MSU International Business Center (CIBER)". Archived from the original on August 27, 2013. Retrieved September 18, 2013.