Eli David Marienthal
March 6, 1986
|Years active||1996–2004, 2017–present|
Marienthal was born in Santa Monica, California in 1986, the son of Penny Marienthal and Joseph Cross. He has two siblings, actors Harley Cross and Flora Cross. Marienthal is Jewish.[better source needed] In addition to acting, Marienthal has written and performed his own work as a poet, dancer, and playwright.
Marienthal graduated from the private East Bay French-American School in Berkeley, where all students learn to speak French and attend classes in two languages, and from Berkeley High School in 2004. He graduated magna cum laude from Brown University in 2008 with a double major in comparative literature and international development studies. He also holds a master's degree in development studies from Brown. As of February 2019, Marienthal is a doctoral candidate in geography at the University of California, Berkeley.
Marienthal's career started in Bay Area stage theater work, performing in Missing Persons, The Cryptogram, Hecuba, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Every 17 Minutes the Crowd Goes Crazy, and The Life of Galileo.
Marienthal is known for the role of Robin (Tim Drake) in Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman and the episode "The Big Leagues" from Static Shock. He replaced the previous voice actor, Mathew Valencia, because in these appearances, Robin was supposed to sound older than he had on the animated series. He played the title role of "Tucker Pierce" in the Tucker television series. He is also the voice of Hogarth Hughes in the 1999 film The Iron Giant and plays Steve Stifler's younger brother in the 1999 film American Pie and its 2001 sequel, American Pie 2. His last film role to date was in the teenage-oriented comedy, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004), opposite Lindsay Lohan, as Sam.
|1996||Unlikely Angel||Matthew Bartilson|
|1997||First Love, Last Rites||Adrian|
|1998||Slums of Beverly Hills||Richard "Rickey" Abromowitz|
|1999||American Pie||Matthew "Matt" Stifler|
|The Iron Giant||Hogarth Hughes (voice)||Annie Award for Best Voice Acting in a Film|
|2001||American Pie 2||Matthew "Matt" Stifler|
|2002||The Country Bears||Dexter "Dex" Barrington|
|2003||Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman||Robin / Timothy "Tim" Drake (voice)|
|2004||Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen||Sam "Samuel"|
|2000||Touched by an Angel||John||Guest Star: Episode - A House Divided|
|Batman Beyond||Dak||Guest Star: Episode - Where's Terry|
|2000–2001||Tucker||Tucker Pierce||Series Regular|
|2001–2002||The Zeta Project||Young Zee||Guest Star: 4 Episodes - Change of Heart, Shadows, Ro's Gift, The River Rising|
|2002||Static Shock||Robin / Timothy "Tim" Drake||Guest Star: Episode - The Big Leagues|
|2003||Fillmore!||Derek Minna, Computerized Stingray||Guest Star: Episode - Two Wheels, Full Throttle, No Brakes|
|2017–2019||The North Pole||Finn||Series Regular|
- Jason Buchanan (2015). "Eli Marienthal - Biography". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Archived from the original on December 30, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- Ebert, Roger (August 27, 2015). "'BEE' GIRL CARRIES FILM". Roger Ebert, Flora Cross Interview. Retrieved November 6, 2005.
- 680 (22 November 2007). "Interfaith Celebrities: Santa's Jewish Family, and Margot at the Wedding's Near-Minyan". InterfaithFamily.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Stack, Peter (August 1, 1999). "Testing Their Mettle / Warner Bros. and director Bill Bird challenge Disney with 'The Iron Giant'". sfgate.com. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen Heartthrob Eli Marienthal Isn't Acting But He's Still Cute!". PEOPLE.com.
- "Eli Marienthal". IMDb.
- "Watch 'The North Pole' - Full Season Available Now!". The North Pole.
- "The North Pole". 12 September 2017 – via www.imdb.com.