Eli Waters, Queensland
|Population||3,310 (2016 census)|
|• Density||447/km2 (1,158/sq mi)|
|Area||7.4 km2 (2.9 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|LGA(s)||Fraser Coast Region|
|State electorate(s)||Hervey Bay|
The suburb is bounded to the north by the bay. The land in the northern part of the suburb is undeveloped wetlands with the surburban development in the south of the locality. Some of the west of the locality is used for grazing.
Eli Creek (from which the suburb presumably takes its name) flows through the locality from Uraween to the south through to the bay in the north of the locality. A number of artificial lakes have been constructed within the suburban area.
Xavier Catholic College opened on 29 January 2003 with 90 Year 8 students. The school was named in honour of St Francis Xavier. In In 2007, it expanded to offer primary schooling with an initial intake of students into Prep to Year 3.
Xavier Catholic College is a Catholic primary and secondary (Prep-12) school for boys and girls at 1 Wide Bay Drive ( In 2017, the school had an enrolment of 1,065 students with 82 teachers (75 full-time equivalent) and 49 non-teaching staff (33 full-time equivalent).).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Eli Waters (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Eli Waters - suburb in the Fraser Coast Region (entry 46696)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "Our story". Xavier Catholic College. Archived from the original on 5 August 2019. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Xavier Catholic College" (PDF). Catholic Education. Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane. 2016. Archived (PDF) from the original on 5 August 2019. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "State and non-state school details". Queensland Government. 9 July 2018. Archived from the original on 21 November 2018. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Xavier Catholic College". Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "ACARA School Profile 2017". Archived from the original on 22 November 2018. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "Hervey Bay suburbs". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|