|Full name||Elian Franco Parrino|
|Date of birth||3 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Rosario, Argentina|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|2009–2010||→ Grupo Universitario (loan)|
|2010–2012||→ Sheffield United (loan)||14||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 September 2016.
Having started his career in his homeland of Argentina with Estudiantes de La Plata and was spotted by Sheffield United when he appeared in a pre-season friendly against them in the summer of 2010. He subsequently signed for the Blades on a year-long loan following a brief trial spell. Despite this move he barely even made the substitutes bench during the first half of the season, with manager Gary Speed claiming he wasn't ready for English football.
Following the departure of Speed the arrival of new Blades manager Micky Adams helped to re-ignite Parrino's season, immediately handing him a place in the starting line up and installing him as first choice at right-back. Unfortunately, his spell in the first team came to an end when he injured his metatarsal in February, an injury which would put him out of action for the remainder of the campaign, although in May 2011, Parrino expressed his desire to stay at Bramall Lane after his loan contract expired. After returning to Argentina to recover from his injuries, in late July it was speculated that Parrino would return to the Blades and that Estudiantes had given permission for the defender to speak about a return to England. After impressing manager Danny Wilson, he signed a new one-year deal with the Blades in mid-August. After failing to make the breakthrough into the first team the following season however, United agreed to end Parrino's deal and allow him to leave the club during the January transfer window. In February of that year Lincoln City suggested they had tried to sign Parrino before the transfer window closed but couldn't gain international clearance in time, with boss David Holdsworth suggesting they would try and resurrect the deal in the summer. Parino joined Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the A PFG in the summer of 2014.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
- "Argentine eyes English stay". Sky Sports. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Sheffield United use South American links to snap up Estudiantes' Elian Parrino on loan". The Daily Mail. 1 October 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Waiting on Reid". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. 7 November 2010. Archived from the original on 17 February 2015. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- "Argentine champions negotiate with Sheffield United over Elian Parrino". The Sheffield Star. 11 February 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- "Loan deal has been beneficial for Elian". The Blade – Matchday Magazine 2010/11 – Issue 24. 30 April 2011. p. 7.
- "Argentinian return?". The Sheffield Star. 27 June 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- "Kozluk offered fresh terms by the Blades". The Sheffield Star. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Sheffield United sign Parrino". Eurosport. 18 August 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Extended deals for promising quartet". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Lincoln City boss to target defensive pair in summer transfer window". This Is Lincolnshire. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Локо" Пд тества аржентинец, хърватин от Тайланд отказал проби" (in Bulgarian). Plovdiv, Bulgaria: 7sport.net. 5 September 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2015.