Elías Díaz in 2017 with the Pirates
|Pittsburgh Pirates – No. 32|
|Born: November 17, 1990|
|September 12, 2015, for the Pittsburgh Pirates|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 season)
|Runs batted in||82|
Díaz signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates as an international free agent in 2008. He made his professional debut in 2009 for the Venezuelan Summer League Pirates. From 2010 to 2013, he played for the Gulf Coast Pirates (batting .210), West Virginia Power (batting .221, and then .208 the following year) and Bradenton Marauders (batting .279).
Díaz started 2014 with the Double-A Altoona Curve. In August he was promoted to the Triple-A Indianapolis Indians after hitting .328 with Altoona, but he then batted .152/.243/.182 in AAA. On November 20, 2014 Díaz was placed on the Pirates' 40-man roster.
Diaz batted 0–2 in the major leagues in 2015, 0–4 in 2016, and .223/.265/.314 with one home run in 200 plate appearances in 2017.
- Giger, Cory (August 15, 2014). "Diaz promoted following Curve's loss". Altoona Mirror. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- Sawchik, Travis (August 23, 2014). "Pirates notebook: Breakout of catching prospect Diaz a pleasant surprise". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- Singer, Tom (August 23, 2014). "Bucs catching prospect Diaz climbing depth chart". MLB.com. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- Perrotto, John (August 31, 2014). "Minor League Report: Catcher Diaz making a name". The Beaver County Times. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- "Pirates designate Ike Davis for assignment". ESPN.com. Associated Press. November 20, 2014. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- "Elias Diaz Stats - Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Elias David Diaz Soto on Instagram
|This biographical article relating to a Venezuelan baseball catcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|