||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Illya George Toufexis
October 27, 1975
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Spouse(s)||Michelle Boback (2007–present)|
Elias Toufexis (born October 27, 1975) is a Canadian theater, voice-over, motion capture and television and film actor. Toufexis is best known for his appearances on the TV series Smallville and Supernatural and for playing Scipio in Alphas. He is also known for his work in video games, particularly in the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series as Andriy Kobin (Both Splinter Cell: Conviction and Splinter Cell: Blacklist) and in the Deus Ex (series) as Adam Jensen (Both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided).
He graduated high school in 1994 and went on to obtain a Diploma of College Studies in Theater from Dawson College in Montreal in 2000. In 2001 he moved to New York City. After a little over a year and a handful of off-on Broadway and fringe festival plays, he returned to Montreal, broke. He played Roger, the second lead role in the Canadian science fiction comedy film Decoys. The film was not successful but it gave him enough money to move to Vancouver, Canada and pursue acting there.
Elias acted in small roles at first, eventually playing Morton in the made-for-television film The Five People You Meet In Heaven based on a book by Mitch Albom, in which he worked alongside Jon Voight, Michael Imperioli and Jeff Daniels.
He then played Webber in a popular episode of Supernatural. Webber was an "evil twin with mind control powers" and it was a very well liked (or disliked) character. He followed that with his second appearance on Smallville (the first was a one line walk on) as the character Bronson, who could travel between radio frequencies and kidnaps Lex Luthor. His third character on Smallville was Emil Lasalle a.k.a. Warp, a member of the Suicide Squad from DC Comics.
He has played the "villain of the week" on shows like The Listener, Painkiller Jane, Flashpoint, Flash Gordon, Stargate Atlantis and Lost Girl.
His two most popular characters are Andriy Kobin and Adam Jensen. Kobin is one of the villains in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction where Elias developed a cult following due to his manic and humorous performance. He reprised the role, this time as a main supporting character, in a far more expanded role, in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Adam Jensen is the main character in Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Toufexis' wife Michelle Boback had a major supporting role in this game as scientist Megan Reed. Elias has publicly stated that he is a fan of the Deus Ex series, particularly the original game released in 2000. Toufexis was cast to play as the protagonist of Far Cry 3, Jason Brody. However, he was replaced by another voice actor Gianpaolo Venuta after he worked on the role for two years, as the publisher of the game do not want players to confuse Brody with Jensen. He is set to play the lead role in Far Cry Primal, a spin-off of the Far Cry series. Toufexis will reprise his role as Jensen in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, a sequel to Human Revolution.
- Against the Wall as O'Leary
- Alphas as Cornell Scipio
- Ascension as Mark Hayes
- Ba'al as McCulloch
- Bitten as Joey Stillwell
- Blade: The Series as Young Donny Flannigan
- Bloodsuckers as Officer Brackish
- Brilliant as Adam
- Conduct Unbecoming as Captain Cannon
- Connor's War as Captain
- Crisis Point as Scott Sanders
- Da Vinci's Inquest as Constable Dan Archibald
- Dead Like Me as Brian
- Decoys as Roger
- Engaged to Kill as Sullivan
- Eureka as Adam Barlowe
- Flash Gordon as Rundle
- Flashpoint as Danny Lucic
- Fries with That? as Dwayne
- Imaginaerum as The Snowman
- Kraken: Tentacles of the Deep as Keith
- Lost Girl as Michael Connel
- Painkiller Jane as Howie
- Played as Donny Blair
- Rookie Blue as Charlie Davis
- Sand Serpents as Private Andrews
- Sarila as Kauji
- Smallville as Emil LaSalle, Bronson, Luke
- South of Houston St.
- Stargate Atlantis as Replicator
- Supernatural as Weber, Ansem Weems
- The Collector as Zeke
- The Days as Josh
- Dead Zone as Punk #2
- The Expanse as Kenzo
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven as Morton
- The Listener as Dmitry Volkov
- The Partner (short) as Keith
- Zero Hour as Colleague
Voice and motion capture work
- Assassin's Creed as Rafiq informers
- Assassin's Creed II as Federico Auditore da Firenze
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood as Federico Auditore da Firenze
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations as Byzantine Guards
- Assassin's Creed Unity as Jacques Roux
- Contrast as Johnny Fenris
- Dying Light: Cuisine & Cargo as Christof Merpe
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution as Adam Jensen
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided as Adam Jensen
- Far Cry Primal as Takkar
- H.A.W.X (Miscellaneous)
- Hellraid as Alistair the Knight
- I Am Alive as Henry
- James Noir's Hollywood Crimes
- The Long Dark
- Need for Speed: Carbon as Colin Scout Fabricator
- Shaun White Skateboarding as Snail
- Silent Hunter 5
- Suikoden Tierkreis as Asad / Logan
- Tom Clancy's EndWar as X-397 Pilot
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands as Ghost Leader Eric Potter
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 as Gabriel Nowak
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction as Andriy Kobin
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist as Andriy Kobin
- Chance, Norman (2011-01-07). Who Was Who on TV. Xlibris Corporation. pp. 223–. ISBN 978-1-4568-2454-9. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- Toufexis, Elias (June 6, 2013). "Splinter Cell: Blacklist: More Than Meets The Ear". Ubisoft. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- "Adam Jensen Playing Deus Ex Human Revolution Part 2 of 3". 21 February 2012.
- O'Brien, Lucy (October 27, 2013). "Deus Ex's Adam Johnson Was Originally Far Cry 3's Jason Brody". IGN. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- Makuch, Eddie (October 6, 2015). "Far Cry Primal Lead Character Voiced by Adam Jensen Actor". GameSpot. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- S. Good, Owen (April 8, 2015). "See the official first trailer for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided". Polygon. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- Papadopoulos, John (August 18, 2014). "Elias Toufexis, Adam Jensen's Voice Actor, Will Participate In Assassin's Creed: Unity". DSO Gaming. Retrieved June 12, 2015.