Elif (TV series)
|Created by||Green Yapım|
|Starring||Selın Sezgın |
İsabella Damla Güvenılır
Cemre Melıs Çınar
|Country of origin||Turkey|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||845|
|Running time||55 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Green Yapım |
|Original network||Kanal 7|
|Original release||15 September 2014– present|
Elif is a Turkish soap opera that aired weekly on Kanal 7. It portrays a 6-year-old girl, separated from her mother.
Elif, a pretty and kind 6-year-old girl, is in danger of being sold to pay the debts of her stepfather, Veysel Simsek, a cruel gambler. Her sick mother, Melek Simsek, leaves Elif in the protection of her best friend, Ayse Doğan, a maid in a wealthy family's household. Ayse tries to get permission from the family to raise Elif in the mansion while holding a well-hidden secret: Elif is the biological child of Kenan Emiroğlu, the beloved son of the wealthy family. Kenan is unaware that Elif is his child from a past love his family forced him to leave. He is now married to Arzu Karapınar. They have a daughter, Tuğçe Emiroğlu, who is a very spoiled girl known for her bad temper. Elif is forced to live at the luxurious estate, away from her beloved mother and unaware of her proximity to her biological father.
Kenan's wife, Arzu, feels threatened. She and her father, Necdet Karapınar, conspire to hide a secret from Kenan about her daughter, Tuğçe. Arzu would do anything to keep her position in the family safe, creating danger for Elif. However, as crimes committed by Necdet and Arzu are exposed, Melek and Kenan reunite, and Melek tries to ensure that Kenan and Elif will not be separated again.
Meanwhile, Kenan's brother Selim and Zeynep fall in love and support each other despite many obstacles. Their happiness comes to an end when Arzu shoots a gun, injuring Zeynep.
The Emiroğlu family faces financial difficulties. Kenan and Tuğçe die when Arzu sets the house on fire, though Melek and Elif survive. With the death of Kenan, Selim becomes the head of the family-owned business. Gonca marries Serdar, who seeks to bring the Emiroğlu family to ruin.
Arzu is released from treatment at the mental hospital and seeks revenge against the Emiroğlu family. Selim shoots her and is sent to jail. Arzu survives the nearly fatal incident, and continues to threaten the safety and well-being of the family. Melek and Zeynep work to contribute to the family's finances.
Elif's life changes when her mother marries Yusuf. During their move to another city, Yusuf is killed in a car accident. Melek and Elif are separated again and Elif finds herself in a hospital. Six months later, Elif goes to Macide's house and attempts to start a new life, but faces pressure from Tarik, Macide's son-in-law. In pursuit of Macide's legacy, Tarik wants to get rid of Elif. However, Elif has a supporter in Reyhan, who escaped from her family to study in Istanbul. She commits to protecting Elif against the family members who want her gone. Meanwhile, Melek ends up homeless with lost memory, trying to find her daughter. When her temporary house gets destroyed, she goes to another house, where she's found by İnci, Tülay, and Veysel.
- Selin Sezgin as Melek Emiroğlu (Elif's mother, Kenan's wife)
- Volkan Çolpan as Kenan Emiroğlu (Elif's father, Melek's husband)
- Isabella Damla Güvenilir as Elif Emiroğlu (Melek's daughter, Kenan's biological daughter)
- Melis Cemre Çınar as Arzu Karapınar (Tuğce's mother, Kenan's first wife)
- Hasan Ballıktaş as Veysel Şimşek (Melek's first husband, Zeynep and Murat's father)
- Emre Kıvılcım as Selim Emiroğlu (Kenan's young brother, Zeynep's husband)
- Gülçin Tunçok as Zeynep Emiroğlu (Elder daughter of Veysel, Selim's wife)
- Batuhan Soncul as Murat Şimşek (Younger son of Veysel)
- Aysegul Yalçiner as Kiraz (Maid of Emiroğlu family)
- İlker Gürsoy as Melih Özer (Biological brother of Melek, in love with Ipek)
- Zeynep Öğren as Tuğçe Emiroğlu (Stepsister of Elif, Serdar and Arzu illegitimate daughter)
- Esin Benim as Ipek Emiroğlu (Youngest daughter of Aliye, Kenan and Selim sister)
- Aysun Güven as Aliye Emiroğlu (Householder of Emiroğlu's family, Kenan's mother, Elif biological-found grandma)
- Dilara Yüzer as Gonca Tunç (Maid of Arzu, in love with Necdet)
- Beril Eda Yeşil as Feride (Melek's close friend)
- Derya Şen as Tülay Şimşek (Veysel's wife)
- Deniz İrem Morkoç as İnci (Elif's close friend)
- Gürhan Gülbahar as Necdet Karapınar (Arzu's father)
- Hakan Bozyiğit as Serdar Acar (Tuğçe's biological father)
- Pelin Çalışkanoğlu as Pelin (Ipek's friend, Zeynep's competitor for Selim)
- Sinem Akman as Feraye (Ipek and Pelin friend)
- Kıvılcım Kaya as Efruz Baba (Foster father of Melih)
- Umut Ölçer as Erkut Şahin (Veysel's friend later becomes Necdet's assistant)
- Kerem Akdeniz as Sadik (Kiraz's husband, assistant of Emiroğlu's family)
- Şükrü Veysel as Alankaya Sami
- Uğurhan as Tekin Nadir