|Born||October 24, 1990|
Lake Oswego, Oregon
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||800 meters: 1:44.91 |
1500 meters: 3:43.56
|Updated on 11-14-14.|
Elijah Greer (born October 24, 1990) is an American middle distance runner who specializes in the 800 meters. Greer was the 800 meters champion running for University of Oregon at the 2013 NCAA D1 Outdoor T&F Championships.
Greer attended Lake Oswego High School in Lake Oswego, Oregon. At the 2008 Junior Outdoor USA Track & Field Championship held on the campus of Ohio State University, Elijah won the 800m gold medal, becoming the fastest American high school junior in history at 1:47.68. Elijah represented the United States in the 800 meters at the IAAF World Junior Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
At the 2012 US Olympic Track and Field Trials held at the University of Oregon, Elijah was the only collegian with eligibility racing in the 800m Finals, finishing sixth in a time of 1:45.40. In July 2012, Elijah was the only American collegian to race the 800m Paris Diamond League Meeting Areva at Saint-Denis, France  as well as in the 800m London Diamond League Aviva Grand Prix at the Crystal Palace. He ended the 2012 outdoor season ranked 49 in the world by IAAF.
On April 20, 2013 Elijah ran the fastest 800 meters ever recorded in a collegiate dual track meet. His time of 1:46.20 against Arkansas during the Pepsi Invitational held at Historic Hayward Field in Eugene, Oregon broke a 35-year-old record. The previous record was set by Rayfield Beaton of USC in 1978.
Elijah won the NCAA Division 1 2013 Outdoor Championship in 1:46.58, becoming the 5th runner from the University of Oregon to win one of 7 800m titles in the Outdoor event as well as the first Oregon duck to win an Indoor 800m championship.
- All-Athletics. "Profile of Elijah Greer".
- "University of Oregon Track Bio". goducks.com. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "USA Junior Outdoor Track & Field Championships Full Results". USA Track & Field. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "USATF Junior Champs". milesplit.com. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "2008 IAAF World Junior Championships: Team USA Roster". American Track and Field. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Olympic Trials Track and Field Results Men's 800 Meter Run". USA Track & Field. Archived from the original on 11 July 2012. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "RESULTS: 2012 Paris Diamond League - Meeting Areva". Flotrack. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Mens 800m - London Diamond League - Aviva London Grand Prix - Crystal Palace 2012". Runnerspace. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Records and Lists Senior Outdoor 800m 2012". IAAF. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "NCAA Division 1 2013 Indoor Championship" (PDF). NCAA. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Records & Lists Senior Indoor 800m". IAAF. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Squire, Jesse. "Men's All-Dual Meet Team". Track and Field Superfan. Archived from the original on 6 May 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Dual Meet History" (PDF). UCLA.
- Binder, Doug. "NCAA Track and Field: Oregon's Elijah Greer fulfills expectations with 'beautiful' win in men's 800". oregonlive.com. Retrieved 11 June 2013.