||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Orange, New Jersey, U.S.
Elimu Nelson (pronounced Ay-lee-moo, meaning knowledge and education in Swahili) is a film and television actor. His latest film in which he has a major role is Love Don't Cost a Thing. He has had supporting roles in movies such as Dance Flick, Love & Sex, The Hard Easy, and Unspeakable.
Nelson was born in Orange, New Jersey of African American descent, but raised in Milton, Massachusetts. The eldest of two, he excelled in basketball and soccer at an early age. Elimu graduated from Syracuse with a Bachelor of Science in Speech Communication, with a concentration in African American Studies and Spanish. After graduation he made his way to Los Angeles after a brief stint in NYC. Upon arriving in LA he hit the ground running with some commercial work and guest appearances on television shows such as: Pacific Blue, Undressed, JAG, The Practice and City of Angels. He also guest starred in The Shield as Derrick Tripp. He is currently working on future projects and living in Burbank, CA.
- Passing Glory (1999) (TV)...Touché
- Love & Sex (2000)...Jerome Davis
- What About Your Friends: Weekend Getaway (2002)...Nikko
- The Shield (2002)...Derrick Tripp
- Love Don't Cost a Thing (2003)...Dru Hilton
- The Hard Easy (2005)...Stephen McKinley
- Private Practice (2007) (TV)...Greg O'Brien - In Which Sam Receives an Unexpected Visitor...
- Unspeakable (2007)...Neal Knox
- Dance Flick (2009)...Prison Guard
- Fugue (2010)...Terry
- The Game (2012) (TV)...Adisa Edwards - The Black People Episode
- My Favorite Five (2015)...Peter
- Modern Family (2015) (TV)...Officer Clemons - The Big Guns