|Ambassador of Republic of Azerbaijan to the United States|
October 26, 2011
|Preceded by||Yashar Aliyev|
|Consul General of Azerbaijan Republic in Los Angeles|
November 14, 2005 – October 26, 2011
|Preceded by||office established|
|Succeeded by||Nasimi Aghayev|
|Alma mater||Azerbaijan State University
Moscow State University
University of Toledo
Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
Elin Suleymanov Emin oglu (Azerbaijani: Elin Süleymanov Emin oğlu) is the Ambassador of Republic of Azerbaijan to the United States and former Consul General of Azerbaijan Republic in Los Angeles.
A career diplomat, Suleymanov was born in Baku, Azerbaijan. He has graduated with bachelor's degrees in Geography from Azerbaijan State University in 1989, in Political Geography from Moscow State University in Russia in 1992, Master's degree in Public Administration from University of Toledo in Ohio in 1994. He also holds a graduate degree from Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy with emphasis on international security studies and public international law. He was the first Azerbaijani to study at Fletcher School. Before joining diplomatic service, Suleymanov worked with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Azerbaijan and at Open Media Research Institute in Prague in 1995-1997.
Having worked as the First Secretary and Press attaché at the Embassy of Azerbaijan in Washington, D.C., Suleymanov then served as the Senior Counselor at the Foreign Relations Department of the Presidential Administration of Azerbaijan Republic. On November 14, 2005 the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev appointed Suleymanov Azerbaijan’s first Consul General to Los Angeles, California with the rank of Envoy Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary. As a Consul to 13 states, Suleymanov has played a big role in enhancing knowledge about Azerbaijan and building the relationship between his country and individual states. On October 26, 2011 Suleymanov was appointed Ambassador of Azerbaijan Republic to the United States.
- "Consulate General of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles. Elin Suleymanov. Consul General". Archived from the original on 2011-09-04. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "Elin Suleymanov, MALD 2004, Azerbaijan". The Fletcher School. Tufts University. Archived from the original on 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "World Affairs Council of Oregon. Consul General Elin Suleymanov". Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- Betty Blair (Autumn 2006 (14.3)). "Expanding Westward. Azerbaijan Opens New Consulate in Los Angeles". Azerbaijan International. pp. 36–37. Retrieved 2011-10-28. Check date values in:
- "E. E. Süleymanovun Amerika Birləşmiş Ştatlarının Los-Anceles şəhərində Azərbaycan Respublikasının Baş konsulu təyin edilməsi haqqında AZƏRBAYCAN RESPUBLİKASI PREZİDENTİNİN SƏRƏNCAMI" [Presidential Decree on Appointment of E.E. Suleymanov the Consul General of Azerbaijan Republic to Los Angeles, California]. 2005-11-14. Archived from the original on 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "Elin Suleymanov appointed Azerbaijan’s ambassador to US". News.az. 2011-10-26. Archived from the original on 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "Order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on appointing E. E. Suleymanov as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the United States of America". Presidential Administration of Azerbaijan Republic. 2011-10-26. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elin Süleymanov.|