|Member of the European Parliament|
17 October 1955
|Political party|| Portuguese:
Socialist Party (PS)
Party of European Socialists
|Alma mater||University of Porto|
Elisa Maria da Costa Guimarães Ferreira, GCC (born October 17, 1955 in Porto) is a Portuguese politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Socialist Party; part of the Party of European Socialists.
Member of the Portuguese Government, 1995–2002
Member of the European Parliament, 2004–present
Ferreira has been a Member of the European Parliament since the 2004 European elections. She has since been serving as a member of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs. In this capacity, she drafted the committee’s own-initiative report on closer coordination of economic policies, which calls for the European Central Bank (ECB) to be granted powers to monitor “financial stability in the euro-area” and to be involved “in EU-wide macroprudential supervision of systematically important financial institutions.” She was also in charge of the parliament’s report on the Macroeconomic Imbalance Procedure in 2011 and led the parliament’s work on the Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM) in 2013.
From 2004 to 2014, Ferreira was a member of the parliament’s delegation to the ACP–EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly. In 2015, she joined the Special Committee on Tax Rulings and Other Measures Similar in Nature or Effect.
In addition to her committee assignments, Ferreira is a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Long Term Investment and Reindustrialisation.
- National Statistical Institute (INE), Member of the Administrative Board (1989-1992)
- "Your MEPs : Elisa Ferreria". Europa. European Parliament. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- Zoe Casey (February 11, 2009), MEPs want economic policy co-ordinated European Voice.
- Ian Wishart (April 13, 2011), MEPs to back tougher rules on economic regulation European Voice.
- Nicholas Hirst (December 17, 2013), MEPs take a strong line on bank fund European Voice.
- The shadow troika European Voice, February 15, 2012.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on Long Term Investment and Reindustrialisation.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Portuguese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|