This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Elisabet Sahtouris is an evolution biologist, futurist, speaker, author and sustainability consultant to businesses, government agencies and other organizations. She is a US and Greek citizen who has lived in the US, Canada, Greece, Peru and Spain while lecturing, doing workshops and media appearances on all continents. She has a PhD from Dalhousie University in Canada. She consults with corporations and government organizations in Australia, Brazil, Europe, Asia, Africa and the United States.
Sahtouris co-convened two symposia on the foundations of science in Hokkaido and Kuala Lumpur. She is currently Professor in Residence at Chaminade University in Honolulu, Hawaii, teaching in the School of Business & Communication MBA Program and helping redesign it for entrepreneurship in local living economies. She is a member of the Evolutionary Leaders and a founding member of Rising Women; Rising World. She promotes a vision she believes will result in the sustainable health and well-being of humanity within the larger living systems of Earth and the cosmos.
She has appeared in films including Occupy Love, I Am, Femme, Love Thy Nature and Money & Life. Her books include EarthDance: Living Systems in Evolution, A Walk Through Time: from Stardust to Us, Biology Revisioned (with Willis Harman). and new ebook Gaia’s Dance: The Story of Earth & Us.
Ecosophy article at: http://www.kosmosjournal.org/article/ecosophy-natures-guide-to-a-better-world/
- Earthdance - Living Systems in Evolution
- Biology Revisioned, with Willis Harman, North Atlantic Publishers 1998. ISBN 1-55643-267-4
- A Walk Through Time: From Stardust to Us
- Gaia's Dance: The Story of Earth & Us
- "LifeWeb: After Darwin - reuniting spirituality with science to form a new world view, 8/30/03". Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Skills for the Age of Sustainability: An Unprecedented Time of Opportunity". Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "LifeWeb: Living Systems in Evolution". Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "LifeWeb:Book - EARTHDANCE: Living Systems in Evolution". Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "eNotAlone: relationship advice and articles". Archived from the original on 25 October 2003. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Official website
- Articles & interviews
- LifeWeb - articles and books
- Elisabet Sahtouris MP3 audio - Nature's Secrets of Success from The Great Rethinking: Bath
- Video of Elisabet Sahtouris with the Dalai Lama during filming of the documentary "Dalai Lama Renaissance"
- Elisabet Sahtouris MP3 audio - from Shift in Action, sponsored by Institute of Noetic Sciences