Elizabeth of Poland, Duchess of Pomerania
Elisabeth and her husband
|Duchess consort of Pomerania|
|Died||1361 (aged 34–35)|
|Spouse||Bogislaw V, Duke of Pomerania|
|Issue||Elizabeth, Empress of the Holy Roman Empire
Casimir IV of Pomerania
|House||House of Piast (by birth)
House of Pomerania (by marriage)
|Father||Casimir III of Poland|
|Mother||Aldona of Lithuania|
An agreement, directed primarily against the Teutonic Order, was reached on 24 February 1343 in Poznań between Elizabeth's father and Bogislaw V, Duke of Pomerania. As a result, Elizabeth married Bogislaw on 28 February 1343. She received a dowry from her father of 20 000 kop (cents in Prague) and mainly lived in Castle of Darlowo during her marriage. The couple had two children:
- Elizabeth of Pomerania  (1347 – 15 April 1393), wife of Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor.
- Casimir IV of Pomerania (c. 1351 – 2 January 1377).
Her daughter Elizabeth was married in 1363 to the Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV. The marriage took place during the Congress of Kraków; the most celebrated feast commemorating the event took place at the house of Mikołaj Wierzynek (młodszy). Elizabeth of Poland, however, never saw her daughter married off. She had died in 1361, at a monastery of the Order of Saint Augustine in Świątkach, and was buried there.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ancestors of Elizabeth of Poland, Duchess of Pomerania|
- Cawley, Charles, POLAND, Medieval Lands, Medieval Lands database, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy,[self-published source][better source needed]
- Élisabeth Piast
- Marek, Miroslav. "Complete Genealogy of the House of Piast". Genealogy.EU.[self-published source][better source needed]
- Ancestors of Elisabeth Piast