||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sursara in February 2013
Avalon Beach, Sydney
|Alma mater||Australian National University|
Elissa Sursara (born 1988) is an Australian conservationist. She has taken part in two Sea Shepherd campaigns as a crew member. Since September 2015 she has been an occasional contributor on environmental issues to The Huffington Post Australia.
Early life and education
As a child and teenager, Sursara appeared as an extra on television and in films, including in Touched by an Angel (1994), American Gothic (1996), Boston Public (2001), Marion Bridge (2002), Touch & Go (2003) and Going for Broke (2004).
Sursara met Paul Watson, founder of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, when he visited the Gold Coast in Queensland. She decided to join, and several years later became a crew member in two campaigns, Operation Zero Tolerance and Operation Relentless. During the latter, she was a quartermaster on MY Sam Simon.
Sursara has spoken out against cyberbullying and bullying in schools after being targeted herself at school as a child. From 2005 she was a victim of identity theft. In a 2012 article for News.com.au, Sursara said there were over 500 fake accounts pretending to be her.
|The Wet Season||Taylor|
|2003||Touch & Go||Krissa|
|Going For Broke||Annabelle|
|2004||Days Like These||Alicia|
|2005||Johnny Benson's Adventures||Camilla|
|2006||Live Free or Die||Christy|
|Equal Opportunity||Bena Brazilian|
|1994–96||Para Crancias||Co-Host||Portuguese||22 episodes|
|Touched by an Angel||Natalie||English||"The Heart of the Matter"|
|2001||Boston Public||Rea||English||"Chapter Seventeen"|
|2002||Taken||Lena||English||"Dropping the Dishes"|
|2007||Brothers & Sisters||Jessica||English||"Domestic Issues"|
|2009||Bondi Vet||Herself||English||"Episode #1.14"|
|2011||Whale Wars||Herself||English||8 episodes|
- Batt, Elizabeth (19 October 2012). "Australian ecologist reveals lifelong bullying nightmare", Digital Journal.
- Shepherd, Tory (1 November 2012). "My Bieber nightmare: Fans sent me death threats". News.com.au.
- Hunter, Brooke. "Elissa Sursara Interview". girl.com.au. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Mishler, Jennifer (8 July 2013). "Elissa Sursara on Risking it All for Whales in Antarctica", Ecorazzi.
- "Elissa Sursara", The Huffington Post Australia.
- "Elissa Sursara biography", Internet Movie Database.
- "Elissa Sursara", Sea Shepherd Australia.