|Commenced operations||July 28, 2014|
|Operating bases||Portland International Jetport|
|Company slogan||Love to Fly Again|
|Headquarters||Portland, Maine, U.S.|
Elite Airways is an airline based in the United States operating charter and scheduled passenger flights. The airline is a relatively new carrier that adjusts destinations as demand increases or decreases. The airline is headquartered in Portland, Maine.
Elite Airways LLC was founded in 2006 and received FAA Part 121 scheduled certification in 2012. When the airline obtained its scheduled authority it announced it would begin scheduled passenger flights to and from Orlando Melbourne International Airport, the airline's operating base; the first scheduled passenger route was announced on July 28, 2014 when the airline said it would begin twice-weekly services between Melbourne and Washington Dulles International Airport on September 8 that year. Flights went on sale August 25, 2014 utilizing Branson Air Express as the ticketing airline.
The airline announced that service from Northern Colorado's Fort Collins-Loveland Airport to both Newark Liberty International Airport and Chicago Rockford International Airport would begin on August 27, 2015.
The airline subsequently announced flights starting December 10, 2015 from Vero Beach Municipal Airport to Newark Liberty International Airport, representing the first-ever commercial scheduled jet service at Vero Beach airport.
In early 2016, Elite Airways introduced scheduled service from Naples Municipal Airport in southwest Florida to Newark Liberty, Orlando Melbourne, Vero Beach and Portland International Jetport in Maine, representing the first commercial services at Naples Municipal Airport since 2006.
In March 2016, the airline announced the restart of twice-weekly service between Fort Collins-Loveland Municipal Airport and Chicago Rockford International Airport starting May 23, 2016.
On April 15, 2016, the airline announced that it would begin regular flight operations at Long Island MacArthur Airport in Islip, New York. The airline announced service to three destinations: Orlando-Melbourne, FL; Myrtle Beach, SC; and Portland, ME. Flight service began at Long Island MacArthur Airport the morning of June 17, 2016 On December 7, 2016, the airline announced it would begin non-stop service from Long Island to Newport News, VA beginning in March 2017, and on December 13, 2016, the airline announced plans to further expand service from Long Island MacArthur Airport to Vero Beach, FL.
Beginning September 28, 2017, Elite Airways began doing business as Cal Jet Elite, and flew between McClellan-Palomar Airport in Carlsbad, CA and McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, NV. Cal Jet and Elite provided irregular service, frequently cancelling flights and stranding travelers.  The service was quietly ceased by the airline in April 2018, and Elite Airways has not made an announcement on whether or not to maintain the Cal Jet route. As of June 20, it is not possible to book flights on the official website.
In 2018 the airline refocused its scheduled operations on the core Newark & Portland to Florida flights and has since added flights from Florida to Asheville, North Carolina and Traverse City, Michigan.
On August 6, 2019 it was announced that Elite Airways signed an operating agreement to provide the initial aircraft, flight crews, and maintenance service for revival of the Midwest Express brand.
In 2019, Elite Airways opened a dedicated maintenance facility at Auburn/Lewiston Municipal Airport. In 2019 Elite Airways also ceased scheduled service to Orlando-Melbourne, which it had served since it began scheduled passenger service.
As of August 2016[update], the airline operates a fleet of one Bombardier CRJ100 and five Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft both fitted with 50 passenger seats and five Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft fitted with 70 seats.
|1||In a Corporate 16 seat configuration|
|Bombardier CRJ701ER||6||0||All CRJ700 were previously owned by Lufthansa CityLine, one aircraft stored|
Elite Airways operates both charter and scheduled operations. Charter operations are primarily NCAA charters, music tours, and other ACMI operations flying throughout North & Central America, and the Caribbean.
The scheduled operations served are as below.
- United States
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- United States
- New York
- South Carolina
- The Bahamas
- "Federal Aviation Administration - Airline Certificate Information - Detail View". av-info.faa.gov. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Contact Us Archived 2016-05-08 at the Wayback Machine." Elite Airways. Retrieved on May 13, 2016. "50 Portland Pier, Suite 300 Portland, ME 04101"
- ELITE AIRWAYS, AMERICA’S NEWEST AIRLINE, PREPARES FOR TAKE-OFF, Elite Airways PR via EAS Flights blog, November 6, 2012, retrieved 2014-04-24
- Anderson, J. Craig. Maine-based Elite Airways takes flight path to expansion, Portland Press Herald, July 28, 2014, Retrieved 2014-07-31
- Price, Wayne T., Fares on sale for new Elite Airways flights at Melbourne airport, Florida Today, August 25, 2014, Retrieved 2014-08-25
- Muserallo, Sean. "Rockford airport to serve Denver, New York City areas". www.wrex.com. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "Elite Airways flights from Vero Beach to Newark begin Dec. 10". www.tcpalm.com. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- Elite Airways cleared for landing in Naples, Naples Florida Weekly, February 11, 2016, Retrieved 2016-05-03
- Young, Craig. Loveland flights to Rockford resume May 23, Reporter Herald, March 8, 2016, Retrieved 2016-05-03
- Ruud, Candice.  "Newsday" April 15, 2016
- Chang, Sophia.  "Newsday" June 17, 2016
- Pascale, Jordan.  "The Virginian-Pilot" December 7, 2016
- Caddell, Catherine.  "TC Palm/USA Today" December 13, 2016
- "Federal Aviation Administration - Airline Certificate Information - Detail View".
- "Cal Jet abruptly cancels more flights". 2018-04-20.
- Taschler, Joe. Midwest Express enters into agreement with carrier as process continues to begin service in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, August 6, 2019, retrieved 2019-10-1
- Elite Airways Opens New Maintenance Facility at Auburn-Lewiston Airport in Maine, Aviation Pros, January 18, 2019, retrieved 2019-10-1
- Non-stop Flights Archived 2015-03-11 at the Wayback Machine, Elite Airways, Retrieved 2014-04-24
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part Two)". Airliner World (November 2016): 38.
- "Elite Airways to bring Maine flights to Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport".
- "Elite Airways launches Vero Beach-Newark ticket sales; city getting terminal ready". tcpalm.com. October 8, 2015. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
- "Elite Airways to fly from Portland International". www.seattlepi.com. Archived from the original on 2015-11-17. Retrieved 2016-05-10.
- "Elite Airways Reservations". res.eliteairways.net. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "Elite Airways Announces New Service in Rochester MN, St. Augustine FL, Phoenix AZ, and Laughlin NV". Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- "New Rochester flights to take off in July". www.postbulletin.com. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Carlsbad to get new nonstop air service to Las Vegas". www.sandiegouniontribune.com. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2017-09-16.
- "Elite Airways Reservations". www.eliteairways.com. Retrieved 2017-09-16.
- Cranney, Joseph. With low passenger counts, Elite Airways ends its service in Naples, Naples Daily News, March 30, 2017, retrieved 2017-04-10
- "Elite Airways to offer nonstop Portland flights to Bar Harbor, New York". 2016-04-22.
- Gounley, Thomas. Branson Airport’s 2015 service begins to take shape, Springfield News-Leader, December 27, 2014, Retrieved 2015-01-02
- "Elite Airways Launches First Flight from Long Island". 2018-09-07.
- "Elite Airways announces service to White Plains, N.Y., from SRQ". www.bradenton.com. Retrieved 2017-09-16.
- "Elite Airways cancels Pittsburgh flight at Sarasota Airport". Sarasota News | Mysuncoast.com and ABC 7. Retrieved 2018-05-20.