Elite Baseball Series
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Elite Baseball Series (EBS) highlights the top freshmen and sophomore high school baseball players in America, competing in two series of games in back to back weeks. All games are hosted at UCLA’s Jackie Robinson Stadium and UC Irvine’s Anteater Ballpark. The EBS provides a first look at future prospects for college and major league scouts. Over forty players have committed to compete in the premiere event. All games are umpired by Division 1 college umpires and admission is free.
Mike Gillespie, Head Coach at UC Irvine commented, "The EBS will give the players insight into what a college baseball weekend is all about. The experience a player receives participating in the EBS is unattainable anywhere else. It is truly an event a player should be a part of."
2008 Elite Baseball Series Awards
- EBS Top Offensive Player: C Will Swanner (La Costa Canyon High School)
- EBS Top Pitcher: RHP Brett Dahlson (Junipero Serra High School)
- EBS Top Defensive Player: Inf AJ LaBruna (Loyola High School)
- EBS Most Outstanding Player: Inf Trent Zaks (Cypress High School)
- EBS Official Website
- OCVaristy: Elite Baseball gives underclassmen their day in the sun
- Going to bat Foundation: Candalla Unites South County League Rivals for a Good Cause
|This baseball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|