Eliza Sibbald Alderson
Eliza Sibbald Alderson (16 August 1818 – 18 March 1889) was an English poet and hymn writer.
Eliza Sibbald Dykes, sister of the famous Rev. J. B. Dykes, was born at Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England. In 1850 she was married to Rev. Mr. Alderson, chaplain to the West Riding House of Correction, Wakefield, 1833 to 1876. Though she wrote many hymns, only 12 have been published. She died in 1889 and was buried at Kirkthorpe.
- Lord of Glory, who hast bought us
- And now, beloved Lord, Thy soul resigning
- English women hymnwriters (18th to 19th-century)
- Bethany Lutheran College. "Evangelical Lutheran Hymnary Handbook — Biographies and Sources". Retrieved 28 January 2007.
- Concordia Historical Institute. "Today in History March 18". Retrieved 28 January 2007.