Taylor at the 2016 WonderCon
|Born||Eliza Jane Taylor-Cotter
24 October 1989
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Other names||Eliza Taylor-Cotter|
Eliza Jane Taylor-Cotter (born 24 October 1989), often credited as Eliza Taylor, is an Australian actress, best known for her role as Janae Timmins in the Australian soap opera Neighbours (2005–2008), and for her lead role as Clarke Griffin in The CW series The 100 (2014–present).
Taylor was born in Melbourne and has three siblings, two sisters and a brother. Her mother is an author and a graphic designer and her step father was a stand up comedian. Her biological father used to own cafés around Melbourne. Taylor wanted to be a marine biologist growing up.
2003–2013: Career beginnings and Neighbours
Taylor, as many Australian actors, got her big breakthrough in the Australian soap opera Neighbours in 2005. She secured the role of Janae Timmins after previously appearing in a guest role in 2003. Taylor had originally auditioned for the role of Lana Crawford, however, it was actress Bridget Neval who was eventually cast. In 2007, Nell Feeney and Sianoa Smit-McPhee, who play Taylor's on-screen mother Janelle Timmins and sister Bree Timmins, were written out by executive producer Ric Pellizzeri, but it was confirmed that they wanted Taylor-Cotter to remain in the serial as Janae. Later that year, Taylor-Cotter decided to quit the serial to pursue other projects such as pantomime and a further career in the USA. One of the contributing factors that helped Taylor-Cotter reach this decision was that all of her on-screen family had been written out and new cast members gave the serial the feel of a different place. She also added: "It just didn't feel like the family that I joined when I started three years ago. Taylor-Cotter was one of many cast members that quit the serial at the same time. Taylor-Cotter finished filming her final studio scenes in 2007 and her final episode was screened on 8 February 2008. In 2007, Taylor was nominated for Best Female at the Inside Soap Awards.
Taylor travelled to the United Kingdom in late November 2007, and on 1 December 2007 she turned on the Weymouth Christmas lights. On 19 December, Taylor starred as Snow White in a Christmas pantomime, again in Weymouth. In 2009, she was in an episode of All Saints and filmed a short drama/comedy movie called The Laundromat. Taylor filmed a role in the horror movie 6plots. She later filmed a pilot Winners and Losers.
2014–present: The 100
On 1 March 2013, it was announced that Taylor was cast as lead character of Clarke in the new CW post-apocalyptic drama series The 100. "I didn't actually audition. I'd been living in LA for about a month and my credit card was stolen and all my money was taken – spent at Home Depot, which was great – and I was ready to pack my bags and go back to Australia because I didn't know how I was going to survive in LA any longer and then I got a call from my manager to say that an audition I'd done months ago for a film had been looked at by the producers of this TV show called The 100 and they wanted me to go in for a reading the next day. So I read the script that night and loved it and went in for the meeting the next day and got the role. Before I knew it I was on a plane to Vancouver to shoot the pilot and my whole life changed." - Taylor explained about how she got the part. The series premiered on Wednesday, 19 March 2014.
In April 2016, it was announced that Taylor will star in the independent police drama Thumper alongside Daniel Webber. Taylor's character is described as an undercover police officer out to bust a drug ring at a local high school by pretending to be a tough new girl. Her character becomes emotionally involved with the underprivileged students that she's investigating.
|2009||The Laundromat||Amy||Short film|
|2012||6 Plots||Amy Challis||Film|
|2014||The November Man||Sarah|
|2017||Christmas Inheritance||Filming Netflix Origanal|
|2003||Pirate Islands||Sarah Redding||Series regular, 26 episodes|
|Neighbours||Jacinta Martin||2 episodes|
|The Sleepover Club||Rosie Cartwright||Main role, 26 episodes|
|2004||Blue Heelers||Tatum O'Hara||Episode: "Cast the First Stone"|
|2005–2008||Neighbours||Janae Timmins||Series regular, 307 episodes|
|2009||After Effects||Ella||Pilot Storyshare International|
|All Saints||Carly Spalding||Episode: "The Two of Us"|
|2010||City Homicide||Melissa Standish||Episode: "Last Seen"|
|Winners & Losers||Bridget Gross||Pilot|
|2011||Bruce||Daisy||Web Series; pilot|
|2012||Howzat! Kerry Packer's War||Rhonda||TV miniseries|
|2013||Mr & Mrs Murder||Sarah||Episode: "Little Boxes"|
|2014–present||The 100||Clarke Griffin||Lead role, 50 episodes|
|2015||Adults React||Herself||Episode: "Adults React To Hoverboard"|
|2015||Try to Watch This Without Laughing or Grinning||Herself||Episode: "10"|
|2007–2008||Snow White||Snow White||Weymouth Pavilion Theatre, Weymouth, England|
Awards and nominations
|2007||Inside Soap Awards||Best Actress||Neighbours||Nominated|||
|All About Soap Awards||Wedding Shock (shared with Kyal Marsh)||Neighbours||Nominated|||
|2008||Inside Soap Awards||Sexiest Female||Neighbours||Nominated|||
|2015||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy||The 100||Nominated|||
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy||The 100||Nominated|||
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Chemistry (shared with Bob Morley)||The 100||Nominated|||
- "Interview With Eliza Taylor-Cotter". Neighbours - The Perfect Blend. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- "Eliza Taylor". Showcast. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "Neighbours: The Perfect Blend | Interview: Eliza Taylor-Cotter". perfectblend.net. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- Houston, Melinda (27 April 2006). "Street of dreams". The Age. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- Rigden, Clare (2–8 April 2005). "Girl next door". TV Week. ACP Magazines (14): 8.
- "'Neighbours' star unhappy with axings". Digital Spy.
- "Four more 'Neighbours' departures announced". Digital Spy.
- "Neighbours: The Perfect Blend - Interview: Eliza Taylor-Cotter". perfectblend.net.
- "Best panto ever at the Pavilion (From Dorset Echo)". Dorsetecho.co.uk. 11 January 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Melbourne Film Festival | Made In Melbourne". Mim.org.au. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Film: 6 Plots". Uk.castingcallpro.com. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- http://au.hadnews.com/winners-losers-drama-testing-for-feedback.htm[dead link]
- Andreeva, Nellie (28 February 2013). "Australian Actress Eliza Taylor Tapped As The Lead Of CW Pilot 'The Hundred'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "'Neighbours' star Eliza Taylor lands lead in US TV drama 'The Hundred' - US TV News". Digital Spy. 4 March 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- http://www.starburstmagazine.com/features/interviews/9081-interview-eliza-taylor-the-100- Eliza Taylor | THE 100
- Bibel, Sara (12 December 2013). "The CW Sets Midseason Schedule & New Series Premiere Dates; 'The Tomorrow People' Moving to Monday" (Press release). Retrieved 21 December 2013 – via TV by the Numbers.
- McNary, Dave (14 April 2016). "Daniel Webber, Eliza Taylor to Star in Police Drama 'Thumper' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Bruce - Television series - Tony Rogers". tonyrogers.com.au.
- "Inside Soap Awards 2007: The Nominations". Digital Spy. 3 July 2007.
- "Inside Soap Awards 2008 – Nominations". MSN TV Blog: A Slice of Soap. 16 July 2008.
- "Teen Choice Awards 2015 Winners: Full List". Variety. 16 August 2015.
- "First Wave of "Teen Choice 2016" Nominees Announced and #1 Voted Surfboard Revealed" (Press release). Fox.
- "Vote Now for Wave 2 Teen Choice Nominees!". Teen Choice Awards. Fox.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eliza Taylor.|