Elizabeth A. Widjaja
Dr. Elizabeth Anita Widjaja (born 1951) is a Senior Principal Researcher of bamboo taxonomy at the Herbarium Bogoriense, Botany Division, Biological Research Centre at the Indonesian Institute of Sciences in Bogor, Indonesia. She is especially interested in Indonesian bamboo and Malesian bamboo generally, and promotes the cultivation of bamboo for the prevention of erosion.
Dr. Widjaja recently said, of bamboo as a source of biofuel, that:
It is an overwhelming source. Furthermore, it is easy to work with bamboo so research about bamboo-based biofuel should be cheaper.
Bambusa lako (Timor black bamboo) was described and separated from the Indonesian black bamboo species Gigantochloa atroviolacea by Professor Widjaja in 1997, as its appearance (morphology) differed.
- Identikit jenis-jenis bambu di Jawa (Bamboo varieties found on Java) w/Kartikasari, S. N. (Sri Nurani), 2001, ISBN 979-579-035-8
- Identikit jenis-jenis bambu di Kepulauan Sunda Kecil (Bamboo varieties of the Lesser Sunda Islands) w/Kartikasari, S. N. (Sri Nurani), 2001, ISBN 979-579-034-X
|Wikispecies has information related to Elizabeth A. Widjaja|
- World Biodiversity Day Award, 1999, by the Indonesian State Ministry of Environment
- Indonesian President Award, 2000
- Harsberger Medal, for ethnobotanical studies (by the Society of the Ethnobotanist, India), 2001
- International Expert Consultation on Non-Wood Forest Products. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. 1995. ISBN 92-5-103701-9. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- Dransfield, Soejatmi; Elizabeth A. Widjaja (1995). "Plant Resources of South-East Asia No 7. Bamboos". Backhuys Publishers. p. 189. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- Widjaja, Elizabeth A. "State of the art of Indonesian Bamboo". Bioversity International. Archived from the original on December 5, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- "Elizabeth Anita Widjaja". Open Library. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- "Biofuel from Bamboo Tree". Research Center for Biology, Indonesian Institute of Sciences. 2009-02-07. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- Widjaja, Elizabeth A. "New taxa in Indonesian bamboo". Reinwardtia. 11: 57–152.
- "Identikit jenis-jenis bambu di Jawa". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- "Identikit jenis-jenis bambu di Kepulauan Sunda Kecil". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- IPNI. Widjaja.