Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony Papers
The Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony Papers project was an academic undertaking to collect and document all available materials written by Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, two early leaders of the women's rights movement. The project began in 1982. In 1991, after nine years of research, the project published the materials it had collected as a 45-reel microfilm edition under the editorship of Patricia G. Holland and Ann D. Gordon. It included 14,000 documents gathered from 202 libraries and government offices, 671 different newspapers and other periodicals, and three dozen private collections. The microfilm edition more than doubled the sources that previously had been available.
In 1992 the project moved to Rutgers University to begin the work of producing The Selected Papers of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, which was published in six volumes. Gordon, the project director, completed the work with the help other professional historians and also graduate assistants and students. With Gordon as editor, the first volume was published in 1997 and the last in 2013. The project was inactivated after the last volume was published.
- "Documentary Editing: What Is It and Why Is It Needed?". Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony Papers project. July 2009. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- Dudden, Faye E. (2011). Fighting Chance: The Struggle over Woman Suffrage and Black Suffrage in Reconstruction America. New York: Oxford University Press. p. 203, footnote 28. ISBN 978-0-19-977263-6.
- "Making It Happen" by Ann D. Gordon in "Project News: Papers of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony," Fall 2012, p. 5. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- Ward, Geoffrey C. (1999). "A Note about Contributors". Not for Ourselves Alone: The Story of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony. New York: Alfred Knopf. p. 241. ISBN 0-375-40560-7.
- Information about the project's publications, including the Microfilm Edition along with its Guide and Index, and the six volumes of the Selected Papers of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony.