||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2011)|
Filippouli speaking at Belgrade Security Forum 2013
|Born||Elizabeth (Elissavet) Filippouli
|Alma mater||University of Oxford|
|Subject||Politics, society, entrepreneurship, media|
Elizabeth Filippouli (born August 13, 1974, in Athens, Greece) is an entrepreneur and media and business strategist with particular focus on positive change, social entrepreneurship and visionary leadership.
She is the founder and CEO of Global Thinkers, a UK-based and internationally operating media and business development consultancy and Global Thinkers Forum a non-profit platform bringing together incumbent and future leaders to exchange ideas, knowledge and promote excellence. Filippouli's background is in media, having worked as a journalist with Greek press and TV and international organizations such as Al Jazeera English and CNN. She moved to Qatar in 2005 to join AJE as a presenter and correspondent and lives in London since 2007, dedicating time travelling for the needs of GT and GTF. She serves on the boards of NewsXchange, the International News Safety Institute, and is also a member of the Royal Television Society.
As a journalist, Filippouli has been a member of the Al Jazeera English (AJE) launch team based in Doha, Qatar. She was the presenter of flagship programs, such as: People & Power, Witness and Crossroads Europe. For AJE she also produced a number of documentaries, such as: “Greekgate”, “Italygate”, investigating two espionage scandals of massive proportions which rocked the political systems in Italy and Greece. She also produced “A King Without a Country”, a documentary on the life of ex-King Constantine of Greece, and the factual series Crossroads Europe, a program analysing the fundamental changes happening in European societies.
Before this, she worked with CNN International for six years as a contributor, regularly reporting for CNN on Greek affairs and on breaking news in Greece.
Filippouli started her career as a main news presenter for the Greek public television, ERT. She went on to work with Greek press (Kyriakatiki Eleftherotypia etc.) and radio (Athens 98.4).
She is the daughter of the well-known Greek journalist and screenwriter, Stamatis Filippoulis (Σταμάτης Φιλιππούλης).
Filippouli is an advocate of the importance of global thinking and in 2010 launched Global Thinkers as a next-generation media and business development consultancy, helping companies reach new markets by forging collaborations and new partnerships. Global Thinkers creates forward thinking strategies and events in the fields of public affairs, leadership and business development. In addition to Global Thinkers, in 2012 Filippouli launched Global Thinkers Forum (GTF), a non-profit think tank that brings together innovative minds and creates discussions to promote knowledge exchange and new ideas in leadership and collaboration. With more than 10,000 names of CEOs, investors, academics and media representatives in its database, GTF enjoys a wide, diverse and influential network of global experts. The inaugural Global Thinkers Forum took place in 2012 under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan and it convened 300 CEOs, leaders, innovators, social entrepreneurs, investors and academics. In 2012 Global Thinkers Forum inaugurated the 'Global Thinkers Forum Awards for Excellence', to celebrate and salute the work of forward-thinking leaders with remarkable achievements. Workshops, roundtables and networking events are organised under the editorial umbrella of GTF in various cities around the world. The Global Thinkers Forum advisory board features world acclaimed thought leaders and brands. Filippouli has coined the terms Digimocracy ('Digital Democracy' as a new form of participatory Democracy generated by ICT) and Globonomy (the term refers to the reality of a globalized economy and the various collaboration and other needs pushing towards the formation of a new economic model). Filippouli is a regular speaker at international conferences discussing leadership issues and global trends.
Among the people that Filippouli has interviewed are: Ted Turner, James Rubin, Dr Deepak Chopra, Mohamed El Baradei, Chris Cramer, Al Gore, Susan Sarandon, Lord Robertson, Christiane Amanpour, Peter Arnett, King Constantine of Greece, and Lord Coe.
Elizabeth has studied Strategy and Innovation at Said Business School of Oxford University, Transnational Media and Globalisation at London City University and has taken the Harvard Executive Education Kennedy School of Government program on "Shaping Change in the Information Age".
Filippouli serves in the Advisory Board of the International News Safety Institute (www.newssafety.org), WATIF (World Internet & the Artists Foundation) and the British Poppy Ball Committee in support of the Royal British Legion (www.thepoppyball.co.uk)
- Leadership & Global Thinkers Forum
- Global Strategy in Uncertain Environments
- Addressing the Africa Challenge
- Al Jazeera America: Now at a Theatre Near You
- Elizabeth Filippouli: Progress, Change & Embracing the Future
- The Global Thinkers Forum – a global force to be reckoned with in Leadership
- Elizabeth Filipppouli at TedX Sabanci
- Hyperconnectivity & Digital dis(Connection)
- Journalism in a New Era
- Arianna Huffington on Global Thinkers Forum
- Elizabeth Filippouli on LinkedIn
- Filippouli on the Future of Innovation in Media, NewsXchange 
- Filippouli launches in Jordan an international think tank
- Al Jazeera International Reveals More On-Screen Talent
- Crossroads Europe, Al Jazeera
- Italygate on Al Jazeera English
- Greekgate on Al Jazeera English
- A King Without A Country on Al Jazeera English
- Online Marketing Agency Launched by Media Expert Elizabeth Filippouli
- www.globeez.com Globeez, Your Local Place for Global Business
- Elizabeth Filippouli chairs the INSI debate in Athens
- The Fruits and Dangers of A Universal Democracy
- The Invisible Reality by Elizabeth Filippouli
- Τα Χρώματα της Ιριδας
- Ελισάβετ Φιλιππούλη: Ας βάλουμε τα δυνατά μας για την Ολυμπιάδα
- Δημοπρασία Αλληλεγγύης για τα Θύματα του Τσουνάμι
- Filippouli hosts the Eurovision (2005)
- New Media Landscape, Less Media Safety (Rees, G., 2010)