Elizabeth Steiner Hayward
|Elizabeth Steiner Hayward|
|Member of the Oregon Senate
from the 17th district
|Preceded by||Suzanne Bonamici|
|Constituency||Northwest Portland, Oregon and parts of Washington County|
|Residence||Unincorporated Multnomah County, Oregon|
Elizabeth Steiner Hayward is a Democratic member of the Oregon Senate, representing the 17th District. Hayward was appointed to the senate in 2011 by commissioners from Multnomah and Washington counties following the resignation of her predecessor, Suzanne Bonamici.
Career and family
Elizabeth is also a family physician at OHSU. She is a past President of the Oregon Academy of Family Physicians and currently serves as the Director of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute Breast Health Education Program. She is married to Michael Hayward and the two have three daughters.
In 2013 Hayward publicly revealed she suffers from major depression and multiple sclerosis.
- "Untitled Document". Leg.state.or.us. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Elizabeth Steiner Hayward bests Rep. Chris Harker to win Oregon state Senate seat". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Elizabeth Steiner Hayward |". Orsenatemajority.org. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Mental Health Debate Personal For One Oregon Lawmaker". Opb.org. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- Dr. Hayward's official website
- Dr. Elizabeth Steiner Hayward and Dr. Alan Bates testify before Oregon Medical Board -- OMB Public Meeting audio from 2012-10-12
- Mental Health Debate Personal For One Oregon Lawmaker