Elizabeth Taylor (painter)
|Born||January 8, 1856|
|Known for||Painting, Journalist, Botanist|
Elizabeth Taylor (January 8, 1856 - March, 1932) was an American artist, journalist, botanist and traveller. Her travel essays from Alaska, Canada, Iceland, the Faroe Islands and Norway were published in Frank Leslie's Popular Monthly, Atlantic Monthly, Forest and Stream and others. Some of her essays are published in The Far Islands and Other Cold Places (ISBN 1-880654-11-3).
- Joensen, Jóan Pauli (2009). Pilot whaling in the Faroe Islands : history, ethnography, symbol. Tórshavn: Fróðskapur/Faroe University Press. pp. 42–43, 47. ISBN 9789991865256.
- Sjoholm, Barbara (2004). The pirate queen : in search of Grace O'Malley and other legendary women of the sea. Emeryville, CA: Seal Press. pp. 158–171. ISBN 978-1580051095.
- Watson, Catherine (15 May 2009). "Viking villages of Northern Europe: Islands in time". StarTribune. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Works by Elizabeth Taylor at Project Gutenberg
- Works by Elizabeth Taylor at LibriVox (public domain audiobooks)
- JAMES TAYLOR DUNN AND FAMILY: An Inventory of Their Papers at the Minnesota Historical Society
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 19th century is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a painter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an explorer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|