|Born||Elizabeth Abellana Zimmerman
April 14, 1948
|Education||Ateneo de Davao University|
|Spouse(s)||Rodrigo Duterte (m. 1973; ann. 2000)|
Zimmerman was born on  in Davao province. Her grandfather is from Germany who migrated to the United States. She attended Ateneo de Davao and worked as a flight stewardess for Philippine Airlines.April 14, 1948
Zimmerman ran a bid to be elected as a city councilor of Davao City in 2001 but was unsuccessful. She joined the Biyaheng Du30 bus caravan which went around Visayas and Mindanao in support of her former husband's presidential bid at the 2016 Philippine presidential election.
Zimmerman was married to then Davao City politician Rodrigo Duterte for over 25 years with whom she has three children including Sara Duterte. She filed for annulment in 1998. For a few months at the time the annulment was filed, Zimmerman has been living with her brother in Manila but occasionally visits Davao City since her children with Duterte were still studying there. The annulment was granted in 2000. After the annulment, Zimmerman remained friends with her former husband. She chose to continue using "Duterte" as part of her surname despite the annulment saying that her marriage with Duterte has never been nullified in the Roman Catholic Church.
- "Lawyer on Duterte: 'It ain't over until it's over'". ABS-CBN News. 14 October 2015. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- Calleja, Niña (17 April 2016). "Campaign road trip reunites Duterte, ex-wife". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- Gitgano, Flornisa (15 April 2016). "Duterte drops by Cebu to see ex-wife on her 68th birthday". Sun Star Cebu. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "‘Philandering’ Rodrigo Duterte cause of marriage annulment". Rappler. 28 July 2015. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- Alconaba, Nico (5 April 2016). "Duterte’s ex-wife joins ‘Biyaheng DU30’ campaign in VisMin". Inquirer Mindanao (Philippine Daily Inquirer). Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- Caduaya, Editha (29 November 2015). "Duterte and ex-wife: The ties that bind". Rappler. Retrieved 31 May 2016.