Founded in 1974
|Minor league affiliations|
|League||Appalachian League (1974–present)|
|Major league affiliations|
|Current||Minnesota Twins (1974–present)|
|Minor league titles|
|League titles (11)||
|Division titles (14)||
|Nickname||Elizabethton Twins (1974–present)|
|Colors||Navy, scarlet, white, gray
|Ballpark||Joe O'Brien Field (1974–present)|
|City of Elizabethton / Boyd Sports|
|General Manager||Mike Mains|
The Elizabethton Twins are a minor league baseball team of the Appalachian League and a rookie-level farm club of the Minnesota Twins. They are located in Elizabethton, Tennessee, and are named for their major league affiliate. The team plays its home games at Joe O'Brien Field which opened in 1974 and seats 2,000 fans. The Twins have won the Appalachian League Championship on 10 occasions (1978, 1984, 1989, 1990, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2012, and 2017.)
- 2017: Defeated Greeneville 2-1 in semifinals; defeated Pulaski 2-0 to win championship.
- 2016: Lost to Johnson City 2-1 in semifinals.
- 2014: Lost to Johnson City 2-1 in semifinals.
- 2012: Defeated Danville 2-1 in semifinals; defeated Burlington 2-1 to win championship.
- 2010: Defeated Pulaski 2-0 in semifinals; lost to Johnson City 2-0 in finals.
- 2009: Lost to Danville 2-0 in finals.
- 2008: Defeated Pulaski 2-0 to win championship.
- 2007: Defeated Danville 2-0 to win championship.
- 2006: Lost to Danville 2-1 in finals.
- 2005: Defeated Danville 2-1 to win championship.
- 2003: Defeated Martinsville 2-1 to win championship.
- 2001: Lost to Bluefield 2-1 in finals.
- 2000: Defeated Danville 2-0 to win championship.
- 1993: Lost to Burlington 2-0 in finals.
- 1991: Lost to Bluefield 2-1 in finals.
- 1989: Defeated Pulaski 2-0 to win championship.
- 1984: Defeated Pulaski 1-0 to win championship.
- Grant Balfour
- Matt Garza
- Joe Mauer
- Justin Morneau
- Alan Newman
- Jesse Orosco
- A. J. Pierzynski
- Kirby Puckett
- Danny Valencia
- Butch Wynegar
Elizabethton Twins roster
7-day disabled list
|This article about a baseball team in Tennessee is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|