Elizabethtown High School
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Elizabethtown High School ranked #7 in the state on the 2009 spring exam.
The school has a population of 775 students and employs about 50 teachers.
Steve Smallwood is currently the principal at EHS.
The school colors are Northwestern purple and old gold.
The school runs on "period" scheduling. There are six 55-minute periods of class per day. Lunch is taken during fourth period and there are three rotations of lunch.
Students must acquire 26 credits before graduation. EHS is on the traditional semester class rotation where it stresses the mastery of basic skills. EHS offers the opportunity to seniors to take dual credit classes at Elizabethtown Community and Technical College.
The Elizabethtown Panthers and Lady Panthers represent the school and have won 14 state championships.
Clubs and organizations
- Y Club
- Beta Club
- Spanish Club
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Paintball Club
- Academic Team
- Mark Bradley - former professional baseball player (Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Mets)
- Brandon Deaderick - NFL; former New England Patriots defensive lineman; current New Orleans Saints defensive lineman
- Chris Todd - former Auburn University quarterback
- "Elizabethtown Independent". Kentucky Department of Education. Retrieved 4 May 2016.