Elk Prairie Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
|Elk Prairie Township|
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||36.66 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Land||27.47 sq mi (71.1 km2)|
|• Water||9.19 sq mi (23.8 km2) 25.07%|
|Elevation||413 ft (126 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||725|
|• Density||26.4/sq mi (10.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62816, 62846, 62883, 62894|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.66 square miles (94.9 km2), of which 27.47 square miles (71.1 km2) (or 74.93%) is land and 9.19 square miles (23.8 km2) (or 25.07%) is water. The township is centered at 38°10'N 88°59'W (38.170,-88.987).
Cities, towns, villages
- Dareville at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Fitzgerrell at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
- McClellan Township (north)
- Dodds Township (northeast)
- Spring Garden Township (east)
- Ewing Township, Franklin County (southeast)
- Barren Township, Franklin County (south)
- Goode Township, Franklin County (southwest)
- Bald Hill Township (west)
- Blissville Township (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Abner, Clampet, Mason and Old Baptist.
- Waltonville Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Elk Prairie Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.