Elk Ridge, Utah
|Elk Ridge, Utah|
Panorama of Elk Ridge
Location in Utah County and the state of Utah
|Incorporated (town)||December 22, 1976|
|Incorporated (city)||November 3, 2000|
|• Total||2.7 sq mi (7.0 km2)|
|• Land||2.7 sq mi (7.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||5,354 ft (1,632 m)|
|• Density||970/sq mi (370/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|Area code(s)||385, 801|
|GNIS feature ID||1455857|
Elk Ridge is a city in Utah County, Utah, United States. Named for a herd of elk that wintered in the area, it is part of the Provo–Orem, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 2,436 at the 2010 census. Elk Ridge became a fifth-class city by state law in November 2000.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.7 square miles (7.0 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,838 people, 413 households, and 401 families residing in the town. The population density was 662.2 people per square mile (255.3/km²). There were 441 housing units at an average density of 158.9 per square mile (61.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 94.99% White, 0.27% Native American, 0.22% Asian, 0.76% Pacific Islander, 2.29% from other races, and 1.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.26% of the population.
There were 413 households out of which 66.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 92.7% were married couples living together, 2.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 2.9% were non-families. 2.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 0.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 4.45 and the average family size was 4.52.
In the town the population was spread out with 46.1% under the age of 18, 8.22% from 18 to 24, 25.8% from 25 to 44, 15.3% from 45 to 64, and 4.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 21 years. For every 100 females there were 107.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.9 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $65,511, and the median income for a family was $65,813. Males had a median income of $50,489 versus $31,667 for females. The per capita income for the town was $18,513. About 2.5% of families and 4.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.3% of those under age 18 and 2.2% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Elk Ridge city, Utah". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- §10-2-301[permanent dead link] of the Utah Code, last amended in 2003. Accessed 2008-06-14.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.