Elk Township, Noble County, Ohio
|Elk Township, Noble County, Ohio|
Location of Elk Township in Noble County
|• Total||29.1 sq mi (75.4 km2)|
|• Land||29.1 sq mi (75.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
|• Density||10.5/sq mi (4.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086743|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Franklin Township, Monroe County - northeast
- Bethel Township, Monroe County - east
- Liberty Township, Washington County - south
- Salem Township, Washington County - southwest
- Jefferson Township - west
- Stock Township - northwest
No municipalities are located in Elk Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Noble County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.