Elkhart Township, Bates County, Missouri
Location in Bates County
|• Total||35.54 sq mi (92.05 km2)|
|• Land||35.45 sq mi (91.83 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.22 km2) 0.24%|
|Elevation||853 ft (260 m)|
|• Density||8.6/sq mi (3.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
64720, 64722, 64723, 64730
|GNIS feature ID||0766293|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Elkhart Township covers an area of 35.54 square miles (92.05 square kilometers); of this, 35.45 square miles (91.83 square kilometers, 99.76 percent) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.22 square kilometers, 0.24 percent) is water.
- East Boone Township (north)
- Deer Creek Township (northeast)
- Mound Township (east)
- Mount Pleasant Township (southeast)
- Charlotte Township (south)
- Homer Township (southwest)
- West Point Township (west)
- West Boone Township (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Howell and Scott.
- Adrian County R-III
- Butler R-V School District
- Miami R-I
- Missouri's 4th congressional district
- State House District 125
- State Senate District 31
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- "United States Census Bureau American FactFinder". Archived from the original on 2009-05-14. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- "Bates County Place Names, 1928-1945 (archived)". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on 24 June 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2016.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Eaton, David Wolfe (1916). How Missouri Counties, Towns and Streams Were Named. The State Historical Society of Missouri. pp. 285.