Elkhart Township, Elkhart County, Indiana
Location of Elkhart Township in Elkhart County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.69 sq mi (92.4 km2)|
|• Land||35.04 sq mi (90.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.65 sq mi (1.7 km2)|
|Elevation||804 ft (245 m)|
|• Density||1,041.2/sq mi (402.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453275|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.69 square miles (92.4 km2), of which 35.04 square miles (90.8 km2) (or 98.18%) is land and 0.65 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 1.82%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Goshen (vast majority)
- Jefferson Township (north)
- Middlebury Township (northeast)
- Clinton Township (east)
- Benton Township (southeast)
- Jackson Township (south)
- Union Township (southwest)
- Harrison Township (west)
- Concord Township (northwest)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Cripe, Elkhart Prairie, Hess, Oak Ridge, Sparklin, Studebaker and Violett.
- "Elkhart Township, Elkhart County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files[permanent dead link]
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 3/21/11 through 3/25/11. National Park Service. 2011-04-01.
|This Elkhart County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|