Elkin Municipal Airport
|Elkin Municipal Airport|
|Owner||Town of Elkin|
|Serves||Elkin, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||1,067 ft / 325 m|
Elkin Municipal Airport (ICAO: KZEF, FAA LID: ZEF) is a public airport in Surry County, North Carolina, United States, three miles northeast of Elkin. It is owned by the Town of Elkin; the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 called it a general aviation facility.
Most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, but Elkin is assigned ZEF by the FAA and has no IATA identifier. The airport's ICAO identifier is KZEF.
Facilities and aircraft
In the year ending July 24, 2009 the airport had 13,350 aircraft operations, average 36 per day: 97% general aviation and 3% military. 17 aircraft were then based at this airport: 88% single-engine and 12% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ZEF ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
"2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27. External link in
- "Elkin Municipal Airport (ICAO: KZEF, FAA: ZEF, IATA: none)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
"Elkin Municipal – ZEF (KZEF)". National Flight Data Center. Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved July 28, 2012. External link in
- "Elkin Municipal Airport - ZEF" (PDF). at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ZEF, effective November 8, 2018
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|