Ella Amitay Sadovsky
Ella Amitay Sadovsky
|Education||Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design (2007–2009)|
Weizmann Institute of Science (1994–1999)
|Known for||Painting, Printmaking, Video art|
|Awards||Ministry of Israeli Culture and Sports prize (2012)|
Amitay Sadovsky studied in Technion, where she received her BSc in 1991 and MSc in 1994. She received her PhD from the Weizmann Institute of Science in 1999. Amitay Sadovsky is a lecturer at the Department of Textile Design, at Shenkar College of Engineering and Design in Tel Aviv. Her works are included in public and private, national and international collections, including those of The Open Museum’s, Janco Dada Museum’s collection, the Shiff Collection of art and Luciano Benetton's Imago Mundi collection.
- 2004 Women of the Village, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- 2009 Band Aids, The Art Gallery, Tivon, Israel.
- 2010 Dreams Decipherer, Gordon Gallery, Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2012 Quite Island, Upcoming Video Projection at Musrara, Jerusalem, Israel
- 2012 Short Escape, Gordon Gallery 2 for Contemporary Art, Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2014 Spare Parts, The Open museum, Tefen, Israel
- 2015 Principle of Uncertainty, Gordon Gallery, Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2015 Shelf Life, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
- 2016 SEVEN, The Ann and Ari Rosenblatt Prize for Visual Art, The Artist house, Tel Aviv, Israel
Amitay Sadovsky participated in several group exhibitions in Israel and around the world, including at the Haifa Museum of Art, Janco Dada Museum in Ein Hod, The Artist House in Tel Aviv, Eretz Israel Museum, Ashdod Museum of Art, Bait Mani Bank Leumi Museum Space in Tel Aviv, Glasgow School of Art, California College of the Arts.
Honors and awards
- 2016 Ann And Ari Rosenblatt prize for visual art
- 2015 The MacDowell Colony Fellowship, USA
- 2012 Ministry of Israeli Culture and Sports prize
- 2005 The Minister of Science scholarship for Returning Scientists.
- 2004 Robert Ralls Memorial Scholarship, California College of the Arts.
- 2004 Best of Junior Review, California College of the Arts.
- Directed Self-Assembly of Gold-Tipped CdSe Nanorods
- Evaluation of Young's modulus of polymers from Knoop microindentation tests
- Characterization of polymer surface structure and surface mechanical behaviourby sum frequency generation surface vibrational spectroscopy and atomic forcemicroscopy
- Hardness and Young’s Modulus of Transcrystalline Polypropylene by Vickers and Knoop Microindentation
- "Ella Amitay Sadovsky". calcalist.
- "Ella Amitay Sadovsky:Minute Flower Arrangement". Imago Mundi.
- "Ella Sadovsky:Spare Parts". The Open Museum.
- "Ella Amitay Sadovsky". Globes Israel>.
- "Ann and Ari Rosenblatt Prize for Visual Art in Israel 2016 Winner". rosenblattartprize.com.
- "Ella Amitay Sadovsky wins Ann and Ari Rosenblatt Prize for Visual Art in Israel". Erev Rav Magazine.