Rumpf at the Berlinale 2017
|Alma mater||Zurich University of Applied Sciences|
Ella Rumpf (born 4 February 1995) is a Swiss actress, best known for her role as Alexia in the 2016 horror drama film Raw, the film won 2016 Sutherland Award for most original and imaginative first feature at the London Film Festival. Her other notable roles include, critical acclaimed Tiger in Tiger Girl (2017) and Hanna in The Divine Order (2017), the Swiss entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 90th Academy Awards.
Life and career
Ella Rumpf was born in Paris and grew up in Zurich, Switzerland. Her father is a psychotherapist and her mother a lecturer. Rumpf went to the Steiner school and had her first taste of acting by winning the lead role in Romeo and Juliet at 14. She appeared in her debut film at age 16 called Summer Outside in 2011 directed by Friederike Jehn.
Rumpf won the role of Ali in the multi-award-winning feature film War (Chrieg), by Simon Jaquemet in 2014 and was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the Swiss Film Awards. She shaved her head for the role. She attended the Giles Foreman Center for Acting in London from 2013–2015 after completing her studies at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences in 2013.
|2017||The Divine Order||Hanna|
|2019||Gut gegen Nordwind||Adrienne|
|Sympathy for the devil||Boba|
|Lindenberg ! Mach dein Ding!|
|2017||Für dich dreh ich die Zeit zurück||Helena||Film|
Awards and nominations
|2015||Swiss Film Award||Best Supporting Actress||War||Nominated|
- "About: Ella Rumpf". Spielkind. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Tag Archives: Ella Rumpf". High-Def Digest. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Ella Rumpf as Alexia". Focus Features. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Raw Review". Empire Online. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Raw review: a terrible beauty is born". The Irish Times. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Ella Rumpf's 'Tiger Girl' Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Ella Rumpf at Berlinale 2017". Berlinale.de. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- "Interview with Ella Rumpf on 'Tiger Girl'". Interview.de. Retrieved 4 May 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "Tribeca Film Review: 'The Divine Order'". Yahoo.com. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Ella Rumpf: The best among the new". VIP.de. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- "Ella Rumpf as a parent fright". Annabelle. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
- "Friederike Jehn: How 'Summer Outside' helped shine her career internationally". Film Festival Life. 1 December 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "War (Chrieg) by Simon Jaquemet". Festival Scope. Archived from the original on 9 September 2017. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Ella Rumpf: The next Swiss film star". Aargauer Zeitung. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
- "Cannibal fantasy makes for a tender dish". The Guardian. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
- "Swiss Film Award; Best Performance in a Supporting Role 2015". Schweizer Film Press. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ella Rumpf.|
|This article about a Swiss actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|