Elle and Blair Fowler
|Elle and Blair Fowler|
Elle and Blair Fowler at Digitas NewFront 2012
|Born||Lisa and Elizabeth Fowler
May 25, 1988 (Elle)
April 1, 1993 (Blair)
Augusta, Georgia, U.S.
|Occupation||YouTube beauty gurus|
Elle Fowler (born May 25, 1988) and Blair Fowler (born April 1, 1993) are sisters who post beauty and style-related tutorials on YouTube as AllThatGlitters21 (Elle) and juicystar07 (Blair). Elle came into the beauty and fashion world during the summer of 2008 and convinced Blair to join her. Their videos of makeup tutorials and clothing hauls quickly garnered a large audience and rose in popularity. As of July 2013, Elle's videos on AllThatGlitters21 have been viewed more than 145 million times, while Blair's channel juicystar07 has received over 240 million views.
Both sisters also post vlogs under the monikers EllesGlitterGossip and otherjuicystar07, allowing subscribers to keep track of their daily lives outside of the YouTube community. Their respective second YouTube channels move away from purely beauty and fashion-related videos and branch into other topics such as health & fitness, their daily musings, and other random interests.
Elle Fowler was born Lisa Sylvia Fowler on May 25, 1988 to Dr. Scott Fowler, a physician and Melisa Fowler. Blair Fowler was born Elizabeth Blair Fowler on April 1, 1993 in Augusta, Georgia and the family's youngest Hannah Kaitlin-Rose Fowler was born on October 15, 2002. After Blair's fifth birthday, the family relocated from New Orleans to Kingsport, Tennessee, where Blair attended Dobyns-Bennett High School. Elle attended Miami University in Ohio where she joined Alpha Chi Omega.
As of July 3, 2015, Elle is engaged to her boyfriend of two years, Alex Goot.
The sisters first began posting YouTube videos in 2008. In 2010 their videos received over 75 million views. They were later invited by Seventeen to offer makeup tips and suggestions to readers and in an interview with Good Morning America Blair mentioned that she had to become homeschooled due to a bullying situation in her sophomore year of high school. The two have received criticism over their haul videos potentially fueling shopping addictions and cultural idealizations of consumption and materialism, with an expert in shopping addiction listing the video as an example. In 2012 the Fowlers became the hosts and main judges of the unsuccessful webseries Beauty Vlogger Boot Camp, which revolved around young men and women aspiring to be online gurus. Each episode had the contestants competing in a beauty-related challenge, with one person getting eliminated before the next round begins. They have also been nominated twice for Teen Choice Awards in the "Web Star" category for 2011 and 2012. They were also nominated for the 2014 Teen Choice Awards under the category "Choice Web Star-Beauty/Fashion."
The two later released a novel entitled Beneath the Glitter (written by a ghost writer, as cited at the end of it), with the character supposedly being only loosely based on the Fowler sisters. The Fowlers have also released a makeup line, Skylark. It later sparked controversy when they released three sample perfumes (Skylark Memoir Fragrance Collection) while having their audience vote for one of them, which would ultimately be made as a full size perfume. However, the Fowlers stopped mentioning those samples, leading to frustrated followers contacting the company and being told that there will not be a full size fragrance, and that they can get a refund. The sisters have yet to address this issue.
London Sisters series
- "AllThatGlitters21's Channel – YouTube". Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "juicystar07's Channel – YouTube". Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Zhou, Momo (July 10, 2009). "'YouTube-ing' All the Way to the Bank". ABC News. Retrieved May 7, 2011.
- "Ellesglittergossip Channel – YouTube". Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- "otherjuicystar07 Channel – YouTube". Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- Gore, Marci (July 17, 2009). "Sisters take their YouTube success to Seventeen". Times News Online. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- "Seasons For You: Locations in Virginia and Tennessee". Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "Girls Gone Viral: Online Fame From Shopping". ABC News. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Teen Bloggers Cash In With 'Haul Videos'". ABC News. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Internet May Be Fueling Shopping Addiction". CBS New York. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Boot Camp, Ep. 1: Wake Up, No Makeup". YouTube. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Elle and Blair Fowler's New Makeup Line Revealed". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "JustFab.com Announces Exclusive Collection with Online Fashion and Beauty Gurus Elle and Blair Fowler". PR NewsWire. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Review: Beneath the Glitter". RT Book Reviews. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Review: Beneath the Glitter". School Library Journal (BookVerdict). Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Review: Beneath the Glitter". Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elle and Blair Fowler.|