La Jolla, San Diego, California, U.S.
|Residence||Hancock Park, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Hollins University, UCLA|
|Spouse(s)||Jon F. Vein|
|Children||1 son, 1 daughter|
Ellen Goldsmith-Vein is an American television and film producer. She is the founder and CEO of the Gotham Group, a talent management agency. As the only woman to own her own entertainment management agency completely, Goldsmith-Vein was the first talent manager ever featured on the cover of the “Power 100” special issue of The Hollywood Reporter in 2006.
Goldsmith-Vein founded the Gotham Group, a diversified management and production company serving the entertainment industry, in January 1994. Five years later, in 1999, Gotham Group merged with Michael Ovitz's Artist Management Group. As CEO, she signed a $300 million contract with the government of South Korea to make eight animated movies in 2008.
Goldsmith-Vein is also a television and film producer. She was nominated for an Emmy Award in 2008 for her work on the television series Creature Comforts. She recently produced The Maze Runner film series which has garnered over $660 million at the box office worldwide.
Goldsmith-Vein is married to Jon F. Vein. They have a son, Jack, and a daughter, Caroline. They reside in Hancock Park, Los Angeles, California. They hosted a US$2,700 fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign on February 22, 2016.
|2007||Creature Comforts||Executive Producer||TV Series|
|2008||The Spiderwick Chronicles||Producer|
|Dead Space: Downfall||Executive Producer||Video|
|2010||Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey||Executive Producer|
|2011||Dead Space: Aftermath||Executive Producer||Video|
|2014||Life of Crime||Producer|
|No Good Deed||Executive Producer|
|The Maze Runner||Producer|
|Camp X-Ray||Executive Producer|
|2015||Go with Me||Producer|
|2015||Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials||Producer|
|2018||Maze Runner: The Death Cure||Producer|
- "FROM HOLLINS TO HOLLYWOOD: ALUMNA WHO HEADS TOP ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY TO SPEAK AT 172ND COMMENCEMENT". Hollins.edu
- "Women in Entertainment Power 100". Hollywood Reporter
- Eller, Claudia (January 25, 1999). "Gotham Animation Group Joins Ovitz's New Company". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "FROM HOLLINS TO HOLLYWOOD: ALUMNA WHO HEADS TOP ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY TO SPEAK AT 172ND COMMENCEMENT". Hollins University. February 24, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Horst, Carole (November 11, 2014). "10 Producers to Watch: The Gotham Group". Variety. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Verrier, Richard (December 6, 2008). "S. Korea animation venture set". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "Ellen Goldsmith-Vein". Emmy Awards. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "Maze Runner". Box Office Mojo
- "Maze Runner". Box Office Mojo
- Johnson, Ted (January 31, 2016). "Thomas Tull, Haim Saban Give Seven-Figure Sums to Pro-Clinton SuperPAC". Variety. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Reyes, Emily Alpert (April 14, 2015). "L.A. council candidate Ryu takes aim at council 'secret slush funds'". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Johnson, Ted (February 10, 2016). "Bernie Sanders' Blowout Elicits Hope and Anxiety Among Hollywood Democrats". Variety. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- "Our Team - Young Storytellers". Young Storytellers. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|