|Full name||Ellen Whitaker|
|Born||5 March 1986|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
In 2006, Whitaker and her father Steven Whitaker were hit with a legal dispute over ownership of thirteen horses, including her top horse Locarno. However, a few months later a peace deal was made.
In 2007, Whitaker represented Great Britain in the European Championships and helped allow Britain to qualify for the Olympics after jumping triple clear. She missed out on being selected for the 2008 Beijing Olympics due to lameness in horse Locarno 62.
In 2010, Whitaker spoke to the press after refusing to jump for the British team due to a conflict with the British team manager, Rob Hoekstra. She told Horse & Hound: "I only have Ocolado at the moment and Rob wanted to interfere with the way I do everything." Her father and manager Steven Whitaker added: "It's not a matter of Ellen not wanting to jump for her country, but we won't jump again until Rob Hoekstra is finished." But British Equestrian Federation World Class performance director Will Connell said: "The riders wanted stronger management and leadership and that's what Rob is delivering." Hoekstra did not wish to comment, saying: "I do not think team issues are best resolved through the press."
She is the daughter of former show jumper Stephen Whitaker and his wife Carol, and niece of riders John and Michael Whitaker. Her brothers Joe, Thomas and Donald, as well as her cousins Robert, William, Louise, Joanne, George, James and Jack are also show jumpers.
On 19 September 2011, Whitaker pleaded guilty to drunk driving. Whitaker was stopped by local Police in Knutsford Town Centre, Cheshire at 2 am after she attended a charity ball. A roadside breath test proved positive and she was taken to a police station where her lowest reading was 77 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - more than double the legal limit of 35.
Whitaker's son, Harry Marinas Whitaker, by her partner, Spanish showjumper Antonio Marinas Soto, was born on 17 May 2014.
Whitaker and Soto's second child, Frankie Thomas Marinas- Whitaker, was born on 20 March 2016.
On 5 August 2016, Whitaker and Soto announced their engagement.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Arena UK Winston (born 2009), ISH, Stallion, sired by: waldo, damsire: Hamilton Tropics Owner: Ellen Whitaker
- Irorko VD Brouwershoeve (born 2008), Belgian Warmblood, Gelding, sire: Canturano, dam: Artemis, Owners: Jose Bono Rodríguez & Club Hipico Fierro
- Luibanta BH (born 2008), ISH, Stallion, sire: Luidam,Dam Sire: Abantos Owner: Gochman Sport Horse LLC
- Virginia (born 2005), Mare, sire: Centauer Z, dam: Bella Madona, Owners: Haudani Consulting S.L
Former show horses
- Magic Mal
- Miami Bound
- Savy Mill
- Great Love
- Kanselier (born 1992), Dutch Warmblood, gelding, sired by: Notaris, damsire: Nimmerdor
- Locarno 62 (born 1996), Holsteiner horse, Stallion, sire Lord Calidos, damsire: Romino, Owners: Dawn Makin & Steven Whitaker
- Equimax Ocolado (born 1996), Dutch Warmblood, Gelding, sire: Habsburg, damsire: Calvados, Owners: Dawn Makin & Steven Whitaker
- Ladina B (born 1997), Württemberger, Mare
- Royal Rose (born 1998), Dutch Warmblood, Stallion, sire: Calvados, Owner: Steven Whitaker
- Ximena (born 2001), Mare, sire: Irco Mena 763, damsire: Hertigen, Owners: Dawn Makin & Steven Whitaker
- Arena UK Lando (born 2002), Oldenburg horse, Gelding, sire: Landor S, damsire: Lord, Owner: Norman Orly
- European Junior Championships:
- 2003, San Remo: Rank 2 (Team)
- European Championships:
- 2007, Mannheim: Rank 3 (Team)
Among many others, some of her achievements are:
- Winning the 2010 British Open Show Jumping Championships
- Winning the 2010 Hickstead Speed Derby
- Winning the 2009 HOYS show jumper of the year Grand Prix and show jumper of the show
- Winning the HOYS speed stakes in 2006, 2008 and 2009
- Winning the HOYS 2009 Puissance
- Winning the 2007 Hickstead Speed Derby
- "Ellen Whitaker". Horse & Hound. 27 May 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Legal claim hits Ellen Whitaker and Locarno". Horse & Hound. 13 April 2006.
- "Ellen Whitaker keeps Locarno". Horse & Hound. 6 July 2006.
- "Ellen Whitaker refuses to ride for Britain under Rob Hoekstra". Horse & Hound. 20 May 2010.
- "Ellen Whitaker". British Show Jumping Association.
- Mott, Sue (26 February 2011). "Supercouple! Hunky new Superman actor and his showjumping girlfriend Ellen Whitaker". Daily Mail. London.
- Nicholl, Katie (18 August 2012). "Showjumper Ellen Whitaker splits from Superman Henry Cavill as he heads to Hollywood". Daily Mail. London.
- "Show jumper banned for drink driving". The Daily Telegraph. London. 17 October 2011.
- "Ellen Whitaker celebrates birth of first child". Horse & Hound. 22 May 2014.
- "Rankin & Hanley speeding around Wellington". eqnewsandsportsmedia.com. 3 March 2016.
- "Ellen Whitaker steals her cousin Robert's British Open crown". 26 June 2010.
- "Ellen Whitaker wins the Hickstead Speed Derby". 26 June 2010.