University Church of England Academy
University Church of England Academy is a secondary school located in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire. It was formed in 2009 by the merger of Ellesmere Port Specialist School of Performing Arts (located at Woodchurch Lane) and Cheshire Oaks High School (located at Stanney Lane).
The school is sponsored by the University of Chester Academies Trust.
The school accepts children of all faiths and none.
Sutton High School/Ellesmere Port Specialist School of Performing Arts
SHS was originally split into two, a boys school and a girls school, in common with many schools at the time. The two schools were later merged, and the school buildings were split into five 'blocks':
- Pink Tower Home to Languages, R.E., Geography, History & the Sixth Form Common room
- Blue Tower Home to Mathematics
- Yellow Block. Home to Science
- Green Block Home to Woodwork, Metalwork, Engineering, Graphical Design, Art, Cookery, Business Studies, Media Studies and I.T.
- The Older Original Section Of The School, which doubled as the exam hall & was the traditional home of both English and the performing arts lessons that have given the school its current name, part of the building was sold to create a privately owned business centre. English corridor. Home to English
The school had a wind band which in 1995 successfully toured Germany, appearing on German radio in the process.
In 2006, Sutton High School was awarded specialist Arts College status, and then became Ellesmere Port Specialist School of Performing Arts.
Stanney High School/Cheshire Oaks High School
COHS was founded as Stanney High School in 1947. In the 2000s it became a Specialist Sports College.
Whitby Road site
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090705050816/http://www.cheshireoaks.cheshire.sch.uk/History.htm. Archived from the original on July 5, 2009. Retrieved January 3, 2013. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University Church of England Academy.|
|This Cheshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|