Ellie Krieger at the 2009 Texas Book Festival.
|Born||September 26, 1965|
|Education||Cornell University and Columbia University|
Ellie Krieger (born September 26, 1965) is an American nutritionist. She is the host of a show on Food Network called Healthy Appetite, and a show on PBS called "Ellie's Real Good Food". She is also an author and has written several books on healthy eating.
Krieger was a fashion model during her late teens and early 20s for the Wilhelmina Models agency. During her modeling career, she became conscientious of what she was eating and decided to change her eating habits to live a healthier life.
Krieger has a bachelor's degree in clinical nutrition from Cornell University, and has a master's in nutrition from Columbia University. Krieger is a registered dietitian and nutritionist and was an adjunct professor at New York University in the Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health. Additionally, she is the author of four books. She received the 2009 IACP Cookbook award and the James Beard Foundation Award for The Food You Crave. She was also named to Amazon’s Customer Bestseller List in 2008.
Krieger has her own practice.
She lives with her family in New York City.
- Comfort Food Fix: Feel-Good Favorites Made Healthy (2011). ISBN 0-470-60309-7. Published by John Wiley & Sons.
- The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life (2008). ISBN 1-60085-021-9. Published by Taunton Press.
- So Easy: Luscious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week (2009). ISBN 0-470-42354-4.
- Small Changes, Big Results: A 12-Week Action Plan to a Better Life (2005). ISBN 0-307-33587-9.
- "Official biography". EllieKrieger.com. Archived from the original on 30 July 2010. Retrieved 22 June 2010.
- Romine, Stepfanie (2009-05-12). "INTERVIEW: How Ellie Krieger Developed Her 'Healthy Appetite' for Life". dailySpark. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "Expert Bio - Ellie Krieger". Everyday Health. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "Author Spotlight - Ellie Krieger". Random House. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "Ellie Krieger's "The Food You Crave"". ABC. 2008-01-21. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- http://www.foodnetwork.com/chefs/ellie-krieger/bio.html?oc=linkback. Missing or empty
- "Published articles listing - Ellie Krieger". EllieKrieger.com. Archived from the original on 19 April 2010. Retrieved 22 June 2010.