Parts of this article (those related to demographics) need to be updated.(March 2018)
Ellington Community Center
Location of Ellington, Wisconsin
|• Total||35.0 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Land||34.9 sq mi (90.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||768 ft (234 m)|
|• Density||72.7/sq mi (28.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1583154|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 35.0 square miles (90.7 km²), of which, 34.9 square miles (90.3 km²) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.4 km²) of it (0.46%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,535 people, 847 households, and 704 families residing in the town. The population density was 72.7 people per square mile (28.1/km²). There were 870 housing units at an average density of 25.0 per square mile (9.6/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.46% White, 0.08% African American, 0.12% Native American, 0.67% Asian, 0.20% from other races, and 0.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.55% of the population.
There were 847 households out of which 42.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 75.8% were married couples living together, 3.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 16.8% were non-families. 13.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.99 and the average family size was 3.32.
In the town, the population was spread out with 31.2% under the age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 31.9% from 25 to 44, 23.0% from 45 to 64, and 7.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females, there were 109.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 110.5 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $53,750, and the median income for a family was $56,152. Males had a median income of $39,784 versus $26,538 for females. The per capita income for the town was $19,698. About 1.8% of families and 2.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.6% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- Lorenzo E. Darling, politician, lived in the town.
- Charles F. Ploeger, politician, was born in the town.
- Burt W. Rynders, politician, was born in the town.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- COMMEMORATIVE BIOGRAPHICAL RECORD OF THE FOX RIVER VALLEY COUNTIES OF BROWN, OUTAGAMIE AND WINNEBAGO. Chicago: J. H. Beers & Co. 1895. pp. 610–611.
- 'Wisconsin Blue book 1915, Biographical Sketch of Charles F. Ploeger, pg. 528
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1921,' Biographical Sketch of Burt W. Rynders, pg. 274