Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
|Elliot Lake Municipal Airport|
|Owner/Operator||City of Elliot Lake|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−05:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−04:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||1,086 ft / 331 m|
To the west of the terminal are storage sheds and hangars for general aviation aircraft.
There are no schedule airlines operating to and from this airport, but facilities exists to handle them.
Current tenants include:
- Air Bravo – air ambulance operator based in Blind River, Ontario and flies to and from Elliot Lake
- Mining company transport – 2 flights transport to Red Lake every two weeks
- Dynamex – logistics and freight services operator flies to and from Elliot Lake on contracts to clients in the area
- Private flight for an ear/nose/throat specialist who flies into Elliot Lake once a week
- Hope Air – provides free medical transport to those in need in the area
- Magnetic Variation: 9° west
The aerodrome is operated by the City of Elliot Lake and is registered by Transport Canada.
- Runway 12/30: 4,495 by 100 ft (1,370 by 30 m), paved, lighted, PAPI type 2 approach lighting at both ends
- Unicom/ATF: Elliot Lake Unicom/Traffic 123.0 MHz
- PAL: Toronto Centre 135.4 MHz
- NDB: Elliot Lake (YEL), 276 kHz, 2.7 nautical miles (5.0 km; 3.1 mi) 123° to airport
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 5 January 2017 to 0901Z 2 March 2017
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information Archived December 1, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation
- Elliot Lake Airport at COPA
- Elliot Lake Airport - General Information
- Air Bravo Corp - Air Ambulance
- Hope Air