Elliot S. Valenstein, PhD, (born December 9, 1923 in New York City) is a professor emeritus of psychology and neuroscience at the University of Michigan. He is a noted authority on brain stimulation and psychosurgery.
- Brain Control: A Critical Examination of Brain Stimulation and Psychosurgery (1973)
- Brain Stimulation and Motivation: Research and Commentary (Ed.) (1973)
- Great and Desperate Cures: The Rise and Decline of psychosurgery and other Radical Treatments for Mental Illness (1986)
- Blaming the Brain: The Truth About Drugs and Mental Health (1998)
- The War of the Soups and the Sparks: The Discovery of Neurotransmitters and the Dispute over how Nerves Communicate (2005)