Bennett warming up for Bury in 2009
|Full name||Elliott Bennett|
|Date of birth||18 December 1988|
|Place of birth||Telford, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Winger / attacking midfielder|
|2007–2008||→ Crewe Alexandra (loan)||9||(1)|
|2008||→ Bury (loan)||19||(1)|
|2008–2009||→ Bury (loan)||48||(3)|
|2009–2011||Brighton & Hove Albion||89||(13)|
|2014||→ Brighton & Hove Albion (loan)||7||(0)|
|2015||→ Bristol City (loan)||15||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:25, 28 August 2016 (UTC).
Elliott Bennett (born 18 December 1988) is an English professional footballer who plays for Blackburn Rovers. He is the elder brother of footballer Kyle Bennett and a cousin of Jake Bennett who plays non-league football.
Bennett grew up in Telford, Shropshire, and joined Wolverhampton Wanderers at age nine having been spotted playing in a local five-a-side tournament. He captained the club's under-12 team that travelled to Japan in 2001 and won the U12 World Cup, where he also picked up the Player of the Tournament award. He attended Thomas Telford School, where he captained the football team to win the County Cup five years in a row. Bennett was also a talented 200m sprinter and represented Shropshire at the English School Athletics Championships.
He left school to gain a scholarship at Wolves alongside Lee Collins, and signed professional forms with them in March 2007. The midfielder never made a league appearance for Wolves though, despite being picked for the first team squad several times, but did appear twice for them in the League Cup.
Brighton & Hove Albion
After spending time at loan at both Crewe (where he scored once against Port Vale) and Bury, Bennett signed a three-year contract with Brighton & Hove Albion on 20 August 2009. In November 2010 he signed a new three and half-year contract to keep him at Brighton & Hove Albion until the summer of 2014. Bennett enjoyed a successful season in 2010–11, playing a significant role in Brighton's promotion to the Championship. Scoring eight goals, and assisting over 20, Bennett gained a place in the PFA League One Team of the Year.
On 14 June 2011, he signed for Norwich City on an undisclosed three-year deal. He was handed squad number 17 for the upcoming Premier League season. Bennett scored the third goal in a 3–0 pre-season win against Coventry City from 30 yards out. However, this was not enough to earn Bennett a starting place against Wigan Athletic on the opening day of the Premier League season where he came on as a sub, replacing Andrew Surman. On 9 April 2012, Bennett scored his first Premier League goal against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane with a strike from just outside the penalty area, which proved to be the winner in a 2–1 victory for the Canaries.
Bennett started the 2012–13 season on the bench at Craven Cottage in the Canaries' 0–5 defeat. He picked up an injury coming on for Robert Snodgrass. Bennett then made his return in a League Cup clash against Doncaster Rovers which featured his younger brother Kyle Bennett. On 6 April he got two assists in a 2–2 draw against Swansea City. On 20 April, he scored in a 2–1 win against Reading.
Having played in Norwich's opening Premier League fixture against Everton, Bennett injured his knee ligaments, requiring surgery, ruling him out until 2014. He made his return from injury on the final day of the season, replacing Nathan Redmond in the 76th minute of a 2–0 defeat to Arsenal.
|This section needs to be updated. (January 2015)|
- As of 20 August 2013.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[A]||Total|
|Crewe Alexandra (loan)||2007–08||League One||9||1||2||0||0||0||0||0||11||1|
|Bury (loan)||2007–08||League Two||19||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||19||1|
|Brighton & Hove Albion||2009–10||League One||43||7||4||2||0||0||0||0||47||9|
|Norwich City||2011–12||Premier League||33||1||3||0||0||0||0||0||36||1|
- "Port Vale 0–1 Crewe". BBC. 6 November 2007. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- Brighton swoop for winger Bennett, BBC sport, 20 August 2010. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- Winger Elliott Bennett signs new Brighton deal, BBC sport, 23 November 2010. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- Bennett Completes Norwich Move, Seagulls World, 14 June 2011. Retrieved 14 June.
- "Norwich 2–1 Reading" BBC Sport. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Norwich City's Elliott Bennett ruled out until 2014". BBC Sport. BBC. 22 August 2013. Retrieved 7 September 2013.
- "Bennett Becomes A Rover". Blackburn Rovers. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Jordi Gomez saves the best for last as Blackburn beat MK Dons". Eurosport. Eurosport. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Four Newcomers For Jamaica's Reggae Boyz Football Squad". Gleaner (Jamaica). 27 February 2015. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Elliott Bennett". Soccerbase. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "PFA Divisional Awards: Npower League One". Professional Footballers Association. 17 April 2010. Retrieved 18 April 2011.