Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up ellipse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In mathematics, an ellipse is a geometrical figure.
Ellipse may also refer to:
- Ellipse (figure of speech), a rhetorical suppression of words to give an expression more liveliness
- MacAdam ellipse, a chromaticity diagram
- Elliptic leaf shape
- Superellipse, a geometric figure
As a name, it may also be:
- The Ellipse, the five-furlong (1 km) circumference street within President's Park, just south of the White House, in Washington, D.C.
- Ellipse Programmé, a French animation studio
- Elipse (band), former Yugoslav rock band
- Ellipse (album), a 2009 album by Imogen Heap
- "Ellipse", a song from the album In Silence We Yearn by Oh Hiroshima
- Explorer Ellipse, an American homebuilt aircraft design
- La société Ellipse, a French aircraft manufacturer
- Ellipsis, a punctuation mark
- Eclipse, an astronomical event
- Elliptic function, a type of complex function
- Elliptic geometry, a type of non-Euclidean geometry
- Elliptical trainer, a form of exercise equipment
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ellipse.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.